is she gravid -melleri

zarko

what do u think...r those gravid colours?
phiure079ub4.jpg

this r WC melleri and i was so disappointed in their situation uffff

what r chances of them surviving in captivity?

I have seen gravid melleri and the colors do not change when they are gravid. The only way to tell if a mellers' is gravid is to palpate (feel) her stomach for eggs.

I have seen gravid melleri and the colors do not change when they are gravid. The only way to tell if a mellers' is gravid is to palpate (feel) her stomach for eggs.

Some gravid melleri females do change color. Not all, but some have been recorded. In some individuals, the duration of gravid signal color is so short that it may be easily missed by the keeper. I had a CB female who had her first cycle last year and she only changed to gravid color for approximately 48 hours. This year, she is holding it much longer.

Her dam stayed gray/white/black gravid color up until the last couple weeks of gestation, at which point, she turned normal Standard green again.

As for palpation, I would only do this if your chameleon is very tolerant and you know what you're doing. Even vets can easily mistake feces for eggs when palpating. An ultrasound would be a more gentle method.

To answer the original question, I wouldn't expect to see a gravid WC coming in at this time of year. Possible, but unlikely. At best, the upper, lighter one looks like the Dilute morph. It has suspicious marks on its side that look like mild burns or perhaps bruises. They both look pretty pale, perhaps from anemia, dehydration, infection, or stress. Probably all four.

With WC melleri, it isn't just a physical health recovery from retail and importation, it is also an emotional recovery. Without dense plants to hide in, these two are not happy and not acclimating. Deeply stressed chameleons are almost impossible to bring to a physical recovery. If you think you can take on both challenges, these animals stand a chance.

the seller asks for 240euros it is too much for WC. money is no problem for me cause i breed and sell my herps so i have my own earned money that i would gladly give for melleri but those look to sick, hapless and doomed that i would not buy them. if they r less expensive probably i would.
here r some other pic of those melleri , what would u say about their fisical condition ???

Back
Top Bottom