Is she carrying eggs?

yolobrat

My veiled doesnt want to eat, eats one or two roaches a day and seems a little bit more rounded in stomach area. Is she carrying eggs?

Attachments

• 20180508_185216.jpg
    20180508_185216.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20180508_185216.jpg
    20180508_185216.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180508_185211.jpg
    20180508_185211.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 62
She looks too young to me to be carrying eggs yet. What is your setup like and do you give her supplements? It would help to know what the Temps are in your setup, the light schedule, type of lights you have, supplement schedule and humidity range for the enclosure. To me she looks under weight.

Yes, as above, we really need to see a picture of your entire setup (which we have been requesting for weeks - I worry that your refusal to show us means that you know it isn't adequate). It looks way too bare for her and the fake flowers you're using...doesn't bode well. She also looks very skinny imo and her color seems unusually gray to me

Yeah im constantly doing something to help her meybe its that much stressful to her. Thak you... heres the pic

On one of his other posts he has a picture of the setup, he is using a coil uvb bulb by the looks of it and no fixture for the heat lamp or the uvb bulb. It could be insufficient heat and insufficient uvb do to the bulbs not being in any sort of fixture. Here is the link:https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/veiled-chameleon-sex.163476/#post-1412263

She also looks like her nostrils are swollen. And the third pic looks like she has something near her eye or coming out of her eye. If I was you I would get her to a vet right away. She doesn't look good. Also stick to one post. Having multiple posts about the same chameleon confuses people Because we have to go find all your old posts to get info.

Currently the basking spot is not really concentrated downwards so the basking temps I suspect can fluctuate quite a bit and I definitely do not think that there is sufficient uvb exposure. Also the cage looks like it does not have sufficient air flow.

Have to run in a sec, but here are come major concerns: The biggest problem here is that her lights are so far away from her that she can neither bask nor get any UVB whatsoever. She probably hasn't gotten any UVB since you've had her, which is likely contributing to her poor health. You were informed previously that the lights you were sold are not good ones - specifically the UVB. I hope that you've changed that since then.

In addition, it is not recommended to have the lights inside the enclosure like you have. It's safer to have them on top of the enclosure to help prevent burns. Given your setup, burns are unlikely for a different problematic reason - she can't get anywhere near to the light to bask. As such, her metabolism is bound to be stunted. Without access to heat, she can't digest food properly or get the energy she needs to thrive. It's critical that you add a ton more horizontal branches/perches/whatever so she has horizontal space to move on. All your pics of her seem to show her on those fake flowers, which indicates that she can't really get around her enclosure well at all.

Have to run in a sec, but here are come major concerns: The biggest problem here is that her lights are so far away from her that she can neither bask nor get any UVB whatsoever. She probably hasn't gotten any UVB since you've had her, which is likely contributing to her poor health. You were informed previously that the lights you were sold are not good ones - specifically the UVB. I hope that you've changed that since then.

In addition, it is not recommended to have the lights inside the enclosure like you have. It's safer to have them on top of the enclosure to help prevent burns. Given your setup, burns are unlikely for a different problematic reason - she can't get anywhere near to the light to bask. As such, her metabolism is bound to be stunted. Without access to heat, she can't digest food properly or get the energy she needs to thrive. It's critical that you add a ton more horizontal branches/perches/whatever so she has horizontal space to move on. All your pics of her seem to show her on those fake flowers, which indicates that she can't really get around her enclosure well at all.
Thank you for help.. ive already got her more branches and fake plants and she does move more and her movements are much more energetic...she drinks normaly but eating is problem and the fact that she is sometimes gray like this and wierd...now i also think that tje problem is in bulbs but also i had 100 watt bulb and she seemed like she is cooking in there i had 75 watt also the same thing now i got her 50 she seems to like it better bc its extremely hot in my town so temperature in the terarium is around 28,29 C and basking spot should be around 32,33C....so im so confused bc that is even more then she needs....for that uvb bulb i checked and its okey i made a mistake the bulb is fine....but i will put more horisontal branches so she can go under it....and i got her skinny like this so that worries me...i will take her to the vet and do the cage setup as u recommend i agree it is a plant poor setup...for the ventilation i keep that screen part opened all the time and on the top screen i made biger holes for better air flow...so that shouldnt be a problem...

If you still have the coil uvb bulb it's no good. Look at the lights on the enclosures above ^ that's how you lights should be setup

Welcome to the forums. I’m sad to say that your chameleon looks really skinny and not healthy. I’m glad to hear that you are taking her to the vet. Do you already have a vet for your chameleon? If not I might be able to recommend one if you give me your location. I highly recommend you take a poop with you to the vet for a fecal. When they have parasites they don’t gain much weight especially if they have cociddia.

If you still have the coil uvb bulb it's no good. Look at the lights on the enclosures above ^ that's how you lights should be setup
Coil are not good?
I didnt know that bc they gave this to me in pet shop...i should get those like stick looking ones (sorry for english).... btw this is enclosure now...opened, bulbs are the same...i keep opened at night bc of air and its around 20 C anyway at night, she does move more now and going everywhere but mostly when i mist..

Attachments

• 20180508_235128.jpg
    20180508_235128.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20180508_235152.jpg
    20180508_235152.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180508_235144.jpg
    20180508_235144.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 52
Welcome to the forums. I’m sad to say that your chameleon looks really skinny and not healthy. I’m glad to hear that you are taking her to the vet. Do you already have a vet for your chameleon? If not I might be able to recommend one if you give me your location. I highly recommend you take a poop with you to the vet for a fecal. When they have parasites they don’t gain much weight especially if they have cociddia.
The problem is i live in Croatia, Osijek and i dont think that we have here reptile expert...but i will try with couple of recommended ones

Hey! Just want to say that i raised temperature of terarium to 30C, and basking spot must be around 35 or even more (didnt measure) and she started to eat like crazy and shine in bright colors...she also drinks much. Turns out that breeders kept her in those conditions so she must be used to it. Im so happy now!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom