Is plant moss safe to use ?

pippa

Hi
I'm new to chameleons ....I'm still in the research stage before I make a purchase .

I would like to know if the moss used for plants will be safe for a veiled chameleon ?

On the back wall of my vivarium I would like to add a trellis with moss stuffed behind and grow plants up the trellis /moss .

Thank you in advance :)

Well they one I have is dried .....I use it on the top of soil in plant pots (not sure of name )
I will have to find out from shop tomorrow .

Hi
I'm new to chameleons ....I'm still in the research stage before I make a purchase .

I would like to know if the moss used for plants will be safe for a veiled chameleon ?

On the back wall of my vivarium I would like to add a trellis with moss stuffed behind and grow plants up the trellis /moss .

Thank you in advance :)
I would not use moss in the cage veiled chameleons have a tendency to eat things that they should not.

If you are going to put moss in there, I would be sure to keep a good eye on the veiled but because most veiled chameleons have a tendency to eat substrate and plants it would probably be safer not to put it in there. The trellis idea sounds cool, is there anything besides moss that you would be able to use for it?

I would not use moss in the cage veiled chameleons have a tendency to eat things that they should not.

Even if your veiled doesn't happen to chew on plants, if a feeder climbs into that moss he could end up with a chunk of it on his tongue and swallow it. Some mosses have small sharp spines that could get wedged in his GI tract. Dried or dead moss will eventually rot or harbor mold as it will be wet a lot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom