Is only natural sunlight sufficient?

Ahtee

I'm thinking about moving my Cham enclosure to my balcony where there is constant sunlight throughout the day where only part of the enclosure gets it, (so the Cham wanting to find a cool spot won't be a problem). I'm wondering if just the sunlight would b sufficient or would it be better to have a additional UVB light tube to supplement the sunlight? I live in Asia so it's summer all year round. Just wanted to know if I'm getting this right.

Thanks in advance.

whereabout in Asia do you live? what temperatures do you have over there? if the temperatures are ok you don't need any exta lighting/heating, there' s nothing better than natural sunlight for chameleons but different species have different temperature requirements!:)
what species is your chameleon?

I live in Singapore so the temperatures year round are about 28c but that's in the shade so in direct sunlight it would b in the low 30s at least. I currently have a veiled and I'm getting a panther soon and my rooms stuffed with many other animals so I'm thinking I moving them out I to make some space, as u know those 2x2x4 reptibreeze cages take up a whole lotta realestate lol. And I know pics are a must so ill b uploading up one soon :)

image-4.jpg

If you make sure your chameleons can acces natural sunlight for a couple of hours a day I personally think they would be fine.

Very nice looking veiled!

Natural light

I live in the northeast and it is way to cold for outdoor chams.
I am gonna move back too key west fla. So i can keep my chams outside in my yard or patio all that natural sunlight and humidity no uvb lihts or heat lamps.
So u have no problem and happy chams ! Plus i would leave the cage open at times so he or she can enjoy some natural flying prey.
Good luck

Natural sunshine isn't just sufficient, it's 1,000 times better than a UVB bulb! Those of us that have access to good weather and lots of sunshine should take advantage of it, there's nothing healthier than basking in the real stuff.

I'm thinking about moving my Cham enclosure to my balcony where there is constant sunlight throughout the day where only part of the enclosure gets it, (so the Cham wanting to find a cool spot won't be a problem). I'm wondering if just the sunlight would b sufficient or would it be better to have a additional UVB light tube to supplement the sunlight? I live in Asia so it's summer all year round. Just wanted to know if I'm getting this right.

Thanks in advance.

this sounds ideal. you will not need a uvb tube if there is access to sunbeams for a couple hours each day.
Your temps are high there, so do make sure there is foliage for shade. Consider a small fan if it gets too hot.

Back
Top Bottom