Is my vet out of the ordinary?

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just wondering...I think I have the most incredible vet. Through out this whole ordeal with Romeo and his passing, I have to say in all my years of dealing with vets(not for chameleons) I have found a very special human being. I received the most beautiful card and letter today from my vet about Romeo dying stating he was "not just a lizard". Not just a card with a signature but a beautiful handwritten letter inside. Also, during the course of Romeo's illness he called me on a regular basis to check up on him and did not charge me for numerous visits and procedures, including the euthanasia. I am just curious if anyone else has a vet like this. I was just so moved today when I got the letter. It is funny, that he sent me a letter, cause I had written him one today and have a card I am sending him :)

That was very thoughtful of him and it shows how much he cares about his patients and their owners! Back when I was in school my cat lost after fighting kidney disease so my parents had to take her in for euthanasia. Even though I was away at school my vet sent a card to my parents and got my address and sent me one too with a very nice hand written message about me and my cat since they had been treating her for most of her life. I ended up working for that vet and he was the very best mentor I could have asked for.

This year my sister's cat (sister to my cat) finally needed her final visit too and my mom had to take her in since I have moved to another state. She had a really hard time letting go and I wish I could have been there to help her with it. All the techs that I used to work for made sure she was okay and came in every few minutes to give her extra hugs since they knew I couldn't be there for her. She appreciated that more than anything else. And even though I am very far away, they made me one of her clay paw prints and still sent it to me.

I always write a personalized message in sympathy cards (my techs make fun of me for writing little novels!) and make sure every client gets one, even if I only just met them. The little things in the most difficult time make the biggest difference. They did for me when I was on the receiving end. I'm glad you have such a wonderful vet!

Interesting, I wish I had a vet like that. I didn't even get that when my sister passed away from cancer recently, And I work in a hospital. You're lucky to have even one person in you're life with compasion for ones that have passed, no matter the form it took during its time on earth.

Sorry about the passing of you're Chameleon Romeo.

Back
Top Bottom