Is my veiled chameleon pregnant????????

vieled_cham_diego

Hi chameleons forums, I was wondering if my chameleon is pregnant. Thought you guys might know.
image.jpg

yes, I have one set up.
She doesnt look like it, shes really dark though, have you filled out this form?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

She doesnt look like it, shes really dark though, have you filled out this form?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
I have noticed that she has been dark, is there a certain concern? If so how can I help her.

Fill out the form with detail please and take pics of the enclosure from the lights to the bottom so we can see everything. Moss is really a no no with this species as they will eat it and can become impacted.

She does not look like she is gravid yet. but her colors are much darker and less vibrant then they should be. So something is off that she is reacting this way.

Fill out the form with detail please and take pics of the enclosure from the lights to the bottom so we can see everything. Moss is really a no no with this species as they will eat it and can become impacted.

She does not look like she is gravid yet. but her colors are much darker and less vibrant then they should be. So something is off that she is reacting this way.
Ok. So now I know what the problem is...... I have moss in her setup, I will take it out right away! If I take out the moss will she slowly get better?

She ate some before on accident when hunting a cricket.
PLEASE fill out the form, here it is again incase you missed it

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:

Ok. So now I know what the problem is...... I have moss in her setup, I will take it out right away! If I take out the moss will she slowly get better?
So I was not identifying that as the only problem.... The moss would not make her colors duller or darker. It is simply a risk for impaction if eaten. Filling out the form is the best way for us to help you and her. Without this we are simply guessing at what is wrong. And with all the incorrect info out there you might have the wrong UVB lighting and that is what is causing the color issues. So please fill out the form and add pictures of the entire enclosure including the lighting on top please.

With chameleons the entire husbandry picture matters. One thing off and it has a trickle down effect so getting your basics down ensure a healthy cham and limit the area of risk for other issues.

Hi chameleons forums, I was wondering if my chameleon is pregnant. Thought you guys might know.View attachment 290450
Listen you need to fill out the form in order to get help for your cham. She’s really dark and there could be another problem that’s not the moss. Someone’s already gone over the moss situation but from what I can see of your cage it doesn’t look too good :(

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled, female, about seven months, 4 and 1/2 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle you chameleon? Once a day.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Mix of Dubia roaches and crickets, superworms or hornworms as treats, 10-12, every day, flunkers cricket diet and occasionally sweet potatoe.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? zoomed calcium without d3 every day, zoomed calcium with d3 every 2 weeks, zoomed multivitamin every 2 weeks.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand misting, little dripper.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Dark green or lime green, there are a
  • or of droppings in her cage, never been tester for parasites.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. my chameleon Has lots of moss in her cage and I am working on taking it out now.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Chameleons care kit cage. Mesh screening.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? UVB lamp, day, and night light.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75-80.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I don’t measure humidity yet, I I’ll get one soon.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I am using live plants at bottom and fake hanging plants.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Cage is on a high table in the corner of my room.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled, female, about seven months, 4 and 1/2 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle you chameleon? Once a day.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Mix of Dubia roaches and crickets, superworms or hornworms as treats, 10-12, every day, flunkers cricket diet and occasionally sweet potatoe.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? zoomed calcium without d3 every day, zoomed calcium with d3 every 2 weeks, zoomed multivitamin every 2 weeks.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand misting, little dripper.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Dark green or lime green, there are a
  • or of droppings in her cage, never been tester for parasites.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. my chameleon Has lots of moss in her cage and I am working on taking it out now.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Chameleons care kit cage. Mesh screening.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? UVB lamp, day, and night light.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75-80.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I don’t measure humidity yet, I I’ll get one soon.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I am using live plants at bottom and fake hanging plants.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Cage is on a high table in the corner of my room.

Sry I forgot to write the current problem. Current problem- dark in color sometimes.

Someone will review your husbandry soon! Also I figured you were a kid but it’s good that you’re coming on here to get help sounds like you really care. As long as you fix everything that needs to be fixed your cham might be able to live a good life!

Back
Top Bottom