Is my veild chameleon getting ready to lay ?

Jairo1234

My female today she kept going to the middle of the cage and goes back up and now I seen her at the bottom in a branch and then go back up is she getting ready to lay ?

Attachments

• 578D4C52-E4F9-4C43-9C7C-2D316261DBA9.jpeg
    578D4C52-E4F9-4C43-9C7C-2D316261DBA9.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 67
I don’t have the material for the eggs until tomorrow if she does lay them today what should it do ?
what do you mean the material for the eggs? are they fertile?

I don’t have the material for the eggs until tomorrow if she does lay them today what should it do ?
what do you mean the material for the eggs? are they fertile?
Yes they are fertile and sorry here is a picture of her.

Attachments

• 2EC55BFE-C67B-4DD5-9AB1-9D58464EB3DE.jpeg
    2EC55BFE-C67B-4DD5-9AB1-9D58464EB3DE.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 68
Ok so she was mated with a male? She wont lay those eggs with out a lay bin which isnt good, you need that lay bin as soon as possible. Are you prepared to hatch them?

Ok so she was mated with a male? She wont lay those eggs with out a lay bin which isnt good, you need that lay bin as soon as possible. Are you prepared to hatch them?
Like I said yes she is mated and also I do have a laying bin for her and yes I do plan on hatching them sorry for the confusion. And never mind on the material right now but she does have a laying bin and I am watching her and I did put curtain up to help her not feel watched and thanks guys for your help I did get professionally helped.

What did you use as the substrate for the lay bin?
How deep is the bin? How wide?
Don't let her see you watching her. You'll make her abandon the bin and she can become eggbound.
When did you mate her?

Don't let her see you watching her. You'll make her abandon the bin and she can become eggbound.
When did you mate her?
She is at the top now i dont know she was at the bottom now the top but I had a curtain on her cage and also it’s 6 inches deep or more and also is the size of a trash can it a trash can I am using

When did you mate her?
And I mated her the 2nd 5th and 11th of last month

What are you using in the laybin for her to dig in? Washed sand?

If she was still accepting the male in the 11th of March then she won't likely be ready to lay the eggs until close to th 11th if April.

What are you using in the laybin for her to dig in? Washed sand?

If she was still accepting the male in the 11th of March then she won't likely be ready to lay the eggs until close to th 11th if April.
Yeah she accepted the male 11th last time and also yes I am using washed play sand with soil mixed because juts the sand was getting two hard and needed to keep adding water and yeah I think so that’s she might lay them the 11th or sooner the only thing that happened today was she went to the bottom and was in the laying bin stick and then went up and then went down on another branch and that’s it i dont know if she is getting ready to lay

She could be looking for the place she will lay them. Just don't keep watching her. The last thing you want is to push her to eggbinding.

Yeah I don’t want that’s thanks will do
She’ll start digging in the dirt the day b4 looking for a spot or day of wen she goes in the dirt that’s usually wen she’s gonna lay that’s one of the only times my female ever was at the bottom of her cage for or running away from my male lol

She’ll start digging in the dirt the day b4 looking for a spot or day of wen she goes in the dirt that’s usually wen she’s gonna lay that’s one of the only times my female ever was at the bottom of her cage for or running away from my male lol
Oh ok thank and lol

Here's the way the laying should go...
The female will dig a hole or maybe even start a couple of holes and choose one. She will dig that one until she's happy with it. It may take a few days and she may go up and down a couple of times to the branches for a break.
Then she will turn around, butt down and back into the hole to lay her eggs...likely in the evening. It can be quick or it can take a few hours. She will then fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry and thinner and hungry.

If it doesn't go like this...if she sits low in the cage, eyes shut during the day, lethargic, get her to a vets ASAP.

Here's the way the laying should go...
The female will dig a hole or maybe even start a couple of holes and choose one. She will dig that one until she's happy with it. It may take a few days and she may go up and down a couple of times to the branches for a break.
Then she will turn around, butt down and back into the hole to lay her eggs...likely in the evening. It can be quick or it can take a few hours. She will then fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry and thinner and hungry.

If it doesn't go like this...if she sits low in the cage, eyes shut during the day, lethargic, get her to a vets ASAP.
Ok thanks and hopefully everything goes well and also I think she might lay in these days but I will let you guys what happened thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom