Is my setup ok?

xHABITUALx

I know i need to fill out the full form for the best feedback but this is for my female veiled cham and the uvb is a reptisun 5.0, 10.0?? I got it in a fixture combo because all of the other bulbs were too long and had no fixtures to house them. I need to change the red heat bulb as well just not sure what kind of house bulb to use all I know is an incandescent bulb right? I read that the highest basking spot should be 9 inches from the uvb if its a 5.0? Hers is about 6, but she is always up in the vines(which im trying to replace because they are fake) trying to be as close to the uvb as possible so I wasn't sure if dropping the basking spot any lower was a good idea. She seems awfully dark to me alot of the time but I'm pretty sure im doing most everything right.
20200902_191706.jpg

Definitely take the top vines and move them down, OR elevate your lights. She will get a burn sitting that close to the heatbulb, and she will be over exposed to the uv. Also, you will want to upgrade the cage to the xl reptibreeze. She needs more space.
It is looking pretty good though, especially if this is your first try!

I agree about moving the branches at the top further down. Veiled chameleons are notorious for scraping their casques along the top of the cage which can cause wounds or burns.

Also, all those leaves that you have hanging from the top I believe could be blocking the UVB rays from reaching your chameleon unless he is directly under the UVB light.

Back
Top Bottom