is my room too hot for pygmys?

thechink09

i have been debating about getting pygmy for months now. the biggest thing that worries me is that my room during the day is about 80 degrees give or take a degree or 2. is that too hot for them?

I created a thread asking a similier question but didn't get much of a response.
My temps r around the 80s and they seem to be doing fine but most say they should be lower. It's v hard 2 get a exact perfect temp coz most just say room temp and that is different for each house!

That's definitly too hot if you want long term success with them. The maximum peak under spots should be 76-77, at the night between 64-66F.
If you receive healthy specimens they can stand too high temperatures for some weeks or even months, but at one day they will lay on the ground...

I created a thread asking a similier question but didn't get much of a response.
My temps r around the 80s and they seem to be doing fine but most say they should be lower. It's v hard 2 get a exact perfect temp coz most just say room temp and that is different for each house!

yeah thats why i figured i'd ask on here. i havent found any real exact care sheets.

That's definitly too hot if you want long term success with them. The maximum peak under spots should be 76-77, at the night between 64-66F.
If you receive healthy specimens they can stand too high temperatures for some weeks or even months, but at one day they will lay on the ground...

This was very informative thank you as I could not find temp info.

Old thread! Just give him reputation points instead of bringing back a 'dead' thread.

Back
Top Bottom