Is my piedbald veiled cham pregnant?

Completely unrelated but aren't those nails a bit to long on your female? You should consider putting in some thicker and harder branches so they can wear down a bit, otherwise unpleasant to you when handling, unpleasant to her because long nails suck.

And as stated above ' They appear to be fine' , probably... But not all stress is shown trough color display or behavior, it will be continuous stress 24/7 for them and one will perish eventually (probably the female). You must know that reptiles do not have a lot of means to express their feelings so a lot goes unnoticed by us.
If you have the 2nd enclosure anyways I don't really understand why you are even attempting it.

Good luck with your Chameleons, prepare a laying bin, you'll need it soon and separate them if their health is valuable to you.

Completely unrelated but aren't those nails a bit to long on your female? You should consider putting in some thicker and harder branches so they can wear down a bit, otherwise unpleasant to you when handling, unpleasant to her because long nails suck.

And as stated above ' They appear to be fine' , probably... But not all stress is shown trough color display or behavior, it will be continuous stress 24/7 for them and one will perish eventually (probably the female). You must know that reptiles do not have a lot of means to express their feelings so a lot goes unnoticed by us.
If you have the 2nd enclosure anyways I don't really understand why you are even attempting it.

Good luck with your Chameleons, prepare a laying bin, you'll need it soon and separate them if their health is valuable to you.

wow thanks alot man, yes i always get nasty cuts dam... thanks alot why didnt i thought of that

and guesss what man!!

she laid them eggs~!! haha wooweeee!

Glad she laid her eggs. Now just keep them separated, and make sure you rehydrate her and give her extra calcium, so she can replenish herself. I don't know if you realize how close she could have come to egg binding and death. From your posts, it sounds to me like you have a lot of learning yet to do. Please visit the care sheets on the forums here, and study them well. And lastly, for future reference, please create only 1 thread for the topic. Too many threads leads to confusion, out dated information, and frustration for all of us. Good luck.

thanks alot~!
i
Glad she laid her eggs. Now just keep them separated, and make sure you rehydrate her and give her extra calcium, so she can replenish herself. I don't know if you realize how close she could have come to egg binding and death. From your posts, it sounds to me like you have a lot of learning yet to do. Please visit the care sheets on the forums here, and study them well. And lastly, for future reference, please create only 1 thread for the topic. Too many threads leads to confusion, out dated information, and frustration for all of us. Good luck.[/QUOTp

Sorry I missed your post. They will often dig several holes before laying. It is important not to disturb them digging or they will often abort which could possibly lead to egg binding. Many folk cover the enclosure sides when females are digging to allow privacy. What KIND if dirt do you have for her laying box. Many folks here suggest a mixture of moist potting soil and play sand. It can take up to a couple days for them to lay, so the best thing to do is just give her privacy and let her do her thing. Good luck.

I would say 6 months is when they hit puberty and become feisty that has been most experiences at least. I am glad to here you have separated them but putting them together to breed for a few days or so is totally fine just so you know for the future

Sorry I missed your post. They will often dig several holes before laying. It is important not to disturb them digging or they will often abort which could possibly lead to egg binding. Many folk cover the enclosure sides when females are digging to allow privacy. What KIND if dirt do you have for her laying box. Many folks here suggest a mixture of moist potting soil and play sand. It can take up to a couple days for them to lay, so the best thing to do is just give her privacy and let her do her thing. Good luck.
thanks scott got 46 eggs~!

I would say 6 months is when they hit puberty and become feisty that has been most experiences at least. I am glad to here you have separated them but putting them together to breed for a few days or so is totally fine just so you know for the future
thanks harry~!
got 46eggs~!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 130
could you help me check if my eggs are healthy?
You actually won’t see veins till about 3-4 months old. You candel them now the egg will just look yellow. They seem healthy from the picture. Infertile eggs usually start to shrivel up after a couple of weeks. As long as your moisture content and temps are good. You should be ok

People like you are why more experienced members dont respond as often. People give what should be common advice that you should have read even before purchasing the animal, and instead you throw it in their face. "They don't "argue"? Is this a joke?
some people dont want to take advice backed up with facts i guess:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom