Is my lil man ok?

sillylily

I’ve had my juvenile male panther for four days now, and I can’t tell if he’s healthy or not since I’m fairly new to all of this. Just wanted to post a video or pic of him for someone to see. The vet that I WOULD go to is currently on vacation I think?

1338A8D9-AAD9-43DE-BCCE-27F98E42FC37.jpeg
B5D46BE2-CA17-4BAD-82D7-46DC214E056B.jpeg
32D258F4-5A32-4E87-B769-BD14C58E06B1.jpeg

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - 3 months. Male panther.
  • How long has it been in your care? Four days.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I had to handle him to put him in his enclosure and help him down from the ceiling, but other than that, I would like to NOT handle him for at least a couple of weeks? Don’t wanna stress him too much.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amountI have been trying to give him BSFL and dubias, I’ve put about. 10-15 in a feeder cup for the past two days.
  • What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Gut loading with the screenshot of good greens and stuff that was posted on here a while ago the night before.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Dusting with RepCal products, I only do the multivitamins and such on Sundays. Other than that, no D3 every day.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I just got my MistKing set up, since then it’s been a spray bottle a few times a day. I see him drink every time I mist
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? He’s pooped four times from what I can tell, and the last time his urate was orangish. I don’t know why or how he’d be dehydrated though, I’ve seen him drink many times.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. N/A

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Custom built wooden enclosure, made to look like a corner piece, mostly screen. Can’t think of the exact dimensions off the top of my head, but I know its enough for an adult male panther.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have two T5 HO single tube lights (with reflectors) from Vivarium Electronics, one with a grow light (6400W), and one with a 6% Arcadia bulb. 100W basking bulb in a ceramic dome fixture. The schedule is from 7:00-7:00.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking spot is anywhere between 80°-85°. Bottom on the enclosure is 74° I believe? Lowest overnight temp should be 72º. My roommates and I don’t touch our thermostat.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Normally around 65%. I use a digital hygrometer (Acurite)
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Yes, four pothos, Cordyline fruticosa "Red Sisters”, a hibiscus tree, and Dracaena marinatas.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Corner of the room at the foot of my bed, it stands at 5’8”, the top is at about 4’10”, and the bottom of the enclosure sits at about 15” from the ground.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Starkville, MS (deep south USA)

View attachment 275431
I had to kinda hollow out the top so that he wouldn't be too close to the basking bulb, but other than that, he loves his tree, and I see him using it and the branches all the time
This is much much better! So just make sure he is eating... you can make your own feeder run or buy one. Some will not cup feed some will. But food cups should be so that he can easily see into them and get to them.

This is much much better! So just make sure he is eating... you can make your own feeder run or buy one. Some will not cup feed some will. But food cups should be so that he can easily see into them and get to them.
I have a pic of the feeder cup that I’m using and the accessibility to it, gimme one sec lol I need your ~professional opinion~

Looks good, if he doesn't seem to be eating much out of it you can try getting a feeder run style cup. These allow the bugs to climb partly up the back of it while still keeping them contained. They are actually super easy to make as well. But by allowing the bugs to slightly crawl up the inside of the back it stimulates the chameleons eyes much more imo. My cham goes crazy as soon as she sees the roaches start climbing the back.

And if the jug design puts you off you can cut a piece of 4 inch PVC pipe into the right shape. Attach some screen to the bottom of it, and glue a mesh type back on the inside part of it to allow bugs to climb up. Then you can glue magnets to the back for mounting or drill holes and attach some kind of hooks.

(Here's some pics of another I made for my new enclosure. I foamed around the PVC pipe.)

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_131708.jpg
    IMG_20200823_131708.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200823_131715.jpg
    IMG_20200823_131715.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200823_131719.jpg
    IMG_20200823_131719.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom