Is my Jackson gravid

They are sooo cute, I also missed the update. How are the babies doing?

Most seem to be doing ok, drinking a lot and eating everything I throw at them, but a few that look a little skinny and small just seem to be sleeping I'm concerned about them but they're not dead yet. Can only hope for the best. If you or anyone has any pointers I would be very appreciative. Never had Jackson babies before, and I hear they are delicate got that whole SIDS thing going on.

However when I had Veiled Cham babies I would lose about a third I guess that's to be expected, but I sure would like a zero mortality if at all possible. But this is before I had the wealth of knowledge on this site.:)

Babies are really precious. I haven't bred chams so cannot help you much but am sure it's normal for some not to make it. That said there is so much experience here for you to learn from and improve your survival rates.

Now the fun starts!

Well I can definitely report she was gravid. She gave birth to 15 neonates today!:eek: I got a 30 gallon tank put a plant in it with some sticks for them to get around on, and put a UVB CFL in the tank about 11" from the top of the plant. The temps at the top are around 79 degrees, and about 70 ambient with them being Jackson's I was thinking this is plenty worm you think? I know the tank may be a little large but it was one I already had. Got some fruit fly's at the pet store, and have seen a quite a few eat. Some seem a little tired and are sleeping hope that isn't an issue. So far they are all living, and mom is drinking a lot, and slammed two large superworms, and a fly that happened to get too close so I think she pulled through great. This is my first rodeo with baby Jackson's so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some picks tomorrow their all asleep right now. Looks like most are males.:cool:
My jacksons is gravid now too. I know its a guessing game. I was just given an old aquarium, and I bought a butterfly cage on Amazon. Not sure which to go woth at first, but I figure this will hold them for a bit before I get a screened cage for them. How are your babies doing? I never checked the date of this post so I have no idea if this is recent of months/years ago

Back
Top Bottom