Is my female veiled chameleon pregnant?

Phyllischam

i got her about 4 days ago from a family-owned pet store in NYC. She is less than a year old. has bulges by her hips. still eating her waxworms but not drinking a whole lot.

Attachments

• 5B5430C1-7680-4E98-89FD-6B5FDC0D88A6.jpeg
    5B5430C1-7680-4E98-89FD-6B5FDC0D88A6.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 90
  • EAA771AA-D3CF-4EE6-B6CF-C8AC5318D2A9.jpeg
    EAA771AA-D3CF-4EE6-B6CF-C8AC5318D2A9.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 119
I thought she might be pregnant so i gave her that lay bin. She’s not digging in the pic and she climbed out of it, back onto her ladder.

Have you read the veiled care sheet here? It has proper specs for a lay bin
Yes I’ve read a bit of the lay bin FAQs. I just wanted to make sure this was the case because I don’t want to stress her out too much (since i just got her/have rearranged the tank a bit/have hung out with her a bit)

Yes I’ve read a bit of the lay bin FAQs. I just wanted to make sure this was the case because I don’t want to stress her out too much (since i just got her/have rearranged the tank a bit/have hung out with her a bit)
How deep is the substrate in your lay bin?

Attachments

• CB8E0DA9-4C81-431F-8615-5A66702C9B6D.png
    CB8E0DA9-4C81-431F-8615-5A66702C9B6D.png
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 86
Make sure to thoroughly wash the play sand at least 3 times. You also might have to make a starter hole for her. Make sure to give her privacy (cover her cage and don’t let her see or hear you), and make sure there’s a couple of branches or vines leading towards the lay bin as well. Once you get the chance (after you correct your lay bin, etc.) could you fill out this form and post a pic of the enclosure, as well, please? https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Make sure to thoroughly wash the play sand at least 3 times. You also might have to make a starter hole for her. Make sure to give her privacy (cover her cage and don’t let her see or hear you), and make sure there’s a couple of branches or vines leading towards the lay bin as well. Once you get the chance (after you correct your lay bin, etc.) could you fill out this form and post a pic of the enclosure, as well, please? https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/
Sure, I can work on all this tonight. Thabks for your help. She’s alone now.

Sure, I can work on all this tonight. Thabks for your help. She’s alone now.
Could you go home at lunch to just deepen the substrate that’s already in her bin? You can still get the play sand and pot after work, this will be just to make sure there’s at least enough depth to lay her eggs if she does do it today while you’re at work

So, related question, with the females, I see you recommending that the lay bin be a permanent part of the enclosure. Are you adding drainage holes so it doesn't hold water? Do you have to keep a close eye on the moisture levels in the soil?

Back
Top Bottom