Is my enclosure too low? (pic attached)

tryme

my veiled seems to be spending too much time in the middle of his new enclosure (24x24x48) basking temps are fine and he has eaten and I have misted him once and he had a lil drink as far as I could see.

I'm concerned he's going to get ill or something. I'm going to get some more fake plants to hang around the sides as well so he feels more secure. I hope he's just adjusting and he is ok. He's been in there for 2 days now.

Here's some pics.

[/URL

I don't think that it looks too low. You might want to add a few more branches for him. Other than that, it looks great! Jann

Yeah I think i'm gonna get him some more fake plants and fake vines. He already has a real hanging pothos, a climbing pothos and a weeping fig. So hopefully that will do along with some more fakies. Thanks

Is my enclosure too low? my veiled seems to be spending too much time in the middle of his new enclosure...

I'm concerned he's going to get ill or something.

I'm going to get some more fake plants to hang around the sides as well so he feels more secure...
Howdy,

Too low? Good question :eek:. Many chameleons benefit from being able to locate themselves above their keeper's height. It's a stress thing. Is your setup too high? Nope :).

It is good that you are keeping an eye on his habits. It's a good way to spot trouble.

Fake plants will add "coverage". Think about adding real plants too :).

if its a new enclosure ur cham is prob just sussin the situation out, its a good sign that hes eating and drinking, they usually take a week to settle in id say sometimes quicker sometimes longer tho. i think it would make him feel a bit more secure if you added some more fake plants nearer the basking spot, this way he can hide from you.

Yeah I will do. I've got a few real in there i'll deff get more. For the mean time gonna focus on making him feel more secure on say the 3 sides and leave the front so I can see him etc.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Back
Top Bottom