Is my chams nose ok?

Hi Brody, not the white bits that I'm concerned about....its the patch just below the white bit on the left that doesn't match the right that sort of looks like a scar. That wasn't there the last time I spoke to you a few weeks ago to sex her.
O gotcha! It’s not uncommon for scales to change in appearance as chams age, especially around the ridges on their head. Is it swollen at at?

O gotcha! It’s not uncommon for scales to change in appearance as chams age, especially around the ridges on their head. Is it swollen at at?

No, not swollen, it just looks like the bottom of the ridge on the left side has been sanded down smoothish or the scales fell off with an prolonged shed just in that spot, whereas before the right matched the left as much as it could, with a pronounced ridge. That's why i wondered if they could get a mild infection under stuck shed that causes a scar like having a scab too long would for us. It literally only became apparent after the thick bit of small shed eventually came off. It had been there from previous shed after all the rest had gone and came off with this one, about 3 weeks apart.

Im keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesnt get sore, red or change further.

These 2 pictures show at the end of the last shed where the little patch got stuck. That was 2nd nov. Looked like normal shed so didn't think anything of it until it came off.

Attachments

• IMG-20181108-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20181108-WA0000.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-20181106-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181106-WA0001.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 105
Hi guys.

So my cham now will only eat 1 hopper a day for 2 weeks. Use to hand feed but now puffs up and rocks if we attempt to now so cup feeding. Wont touch any other food that she would before.

Set up the same as a contained within here

Looks normal puffed up but starting to look skinny when not.

Poops the each day but tiny poops.

Husbandry form still the same as early.

Not laid any eggs or digging but running around like crazy.

Is this time to go to the vets or do i have a petulant teenager on my hands?

Only seems to be like this since getting receptive colours

Back
Top Bottom