Is my chameleon really sick??

There is a shelve he can sit on as well as the fake beach and a real branch.
So the issue with the shelf is that they do not sit flat footed like a bearded dragon does. They have to grip to hold on. So a shelf will not work for him. Gripping and using those feet for this function is very important for them.

So the issue with the shelf is that they do not sit flat footed like a bearded dragon does. They have to grip to hold on. So a shelf will not work for him. Gripping and using those feet for this function is very important for them.
Great info. Can you send me picks of good habitats so I can get a idea. This is so complicated ??

This is my guys set up:
image.jpg

Where did you get all the branches from??
Easiest way to get branches I have found is to call your local landscaping companies. When they trim back trees most do not care if you come grab some (less for them to haul off). Also they tend to know exactly what type of trees they are cutting back so you don't get sap producing.

Easiest way to get branches I have found is to call your local landscaping companies. When they trim back trees most do not care if you come grab some (less for them to haul off). Also they tend to know exactly what type of trees they are cutting back so you don't get sap producing.
Ok cool! Thanks!

He seems to be falling a lot.
This is why he needs many branches... Veileds when in captivity can live longer then 5 years with perfect care but for most the average is 5. So he is considered older. This is where customizing his cage to fit his needs are important. The lack of proper uvb will impact him and his ability to grip as well. So having multiple sized branches is important for him.

Also what do u do about the water from the dripper?? I have it landing in the plant but it seems to get everywhere. It’s a slow drip but I guess with the mist as well I’m always cleaning up water

Also what do u do about the water from the dripper?? I have it landing in the plant but it seems to get everywhere. It’s a slow drip but I guess with the mist as well I’m always cleaning up water
Is it dripping on the plant leaves? Unfortunately water run off is a by product. You can get a wet vac so you can easily clean out the tray below. This is what I use as well.

Back
Top Bottom