Is my chameleon healthy ? Help

Hytgh5

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male panther, had for 3 months
  • Handling - not often at all
  • Feeding - Mostly super worms, crickets, discoid roaches and horn worms. He doesn’t eat much it’s very hard to get him to feed. He goes crazy for the super worms but I try not to give him many. Gutload with flickers cricket dies, crickets quencher and veggies
  • Supplements - reptivite w D3 and repti calcium without D3
  • Watering - hand misted 3/4 a day, also a dripper, drinks fine.
  • Fecal Description - brown and whitish/yellowish, has not been tested. Last time I saw it looked kind of smooth but idk if it was cuz the misting. Has not been tested

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen cage 24x48
  • Lighting - reptisun T5HO with a 10.0 uvb, large flicker dome w a 75w flood light
  • Temperature - the cage is around 74 and the basking spot is at around 85. Several thermometers and a temp gun
  • Humidity - from 40-80. 40 if I haven’t misted in a while.
  • Plants - pothos and one I can’t remember the name of.
  • Placement - separate room, no traffic except me, close to fan. Usually turn the fan on for a while cuz the air gets a little stagnant since the door is always closed. Cage almost 2 feet above ground
  • Location - central Florida

Current Problem - Well he shed a long time ago but he still has some around his face that seems to not come off. He also has like bumps around his mouth which idk if it’s just how he is or if it’s a bad thing. He hisses by himself when I’m in the room, he barely wants to eat but goes crazy for worms. Crickets and roaches he seem to not want to eat. He won’t eat out of a cup, so i put a container that a cut the bottom off to let the crickets be in but he still barely eats. Honestly I don’t understand what’s causing him to be like this and I just want to make him happy. I got a veiled also not to long ago but he’s perfectly fine and eats and is friendly. I just want him to be like him. I’m not interested in handling them much but i don’t want him to be upset and wish he would eat. He’s been like this since I got him.
F820EE39-8EF8-4598-8530-A53609B117E3.jpeg
DF2849BD-4E6E-474A-B161-64C6BF2392C0.jpeg
196EF020-E68E-48AE-AEA2-811EFEB126F9.jpeg
E8B70EB7-8E5B-4A52-BFB3-AD927FFDBF89.jpeg
90902D0B-995B-4381-A6D3-A524C9C55D2B.jpeg
72FE69A8-1EBD-4ABE-BEA7-72B3DDA9C12F.jpeg
D7AC5938-7C19-44E1-A0E0-60403F77152E.jpeg
51F34E7D-18B3-4FEE-A017-391CFCB2C405.jpeg

Attachments

• 15CFDDC6-DF80-490C-A763-4932BE7ABB41.jpeg
    15CFDDC6-DF80-490C-A763-4932BE7ABB41.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 76
  • B57430A3-15CD-48C7-ABBC-BA2DCDA63530.jpeg
    B57430A3-15CD-48C7-ABBC-BA2DCDA63530.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 57
Hi -- could you please post a photo of your enclosure setup, and also what your supplement schedule is. I'm sure you will get great advice here -- but those are two things an experienced keeper will ask for.

edit -- read my mind! supplement schedule?

Hi There see my feedback in red bold with additional questions.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Male panther, had for 3 months How old is he?
  • Handling - not often at all
  • Feeding - Mostly super worms, crickets, discoid roaches and horn worms. He doesn’t eat much it’s very hard to get him to feed. He goes crazy for the super worms but I try not to give him many. Gutload with flickers cricket dies, crickets quencher and veggies Superworms should only be 20% of what you feed. They do not gutload well and are not a good source of nutrients. Your gutload is not appropriate. You can either do a commercial gutload or offer a variety of green veg that you rotate week over week. See image.
  • Supplements - reptivite w D3 and repti calcium without D3 What is your schedule and what are you using for a multivitamin?
  • Watering - hand misted 3/4 a day, also a dripper, drinks fine. How long are you misting for?
  • Fecal Description - brown and whitish/yellowish, has not been tested. Last time I saw it looked kind of smooth but idk if it was cuz the misting. Has not been tested how yellow? like mostly yellow or like a third yellow?

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage 24x48
  • Lighting - reptisun T5HO with a 10.0 uvb, large flicker dome w a 75w flood light Is this s a Single bulb fixture?
  • Temperature - the cage is around 74 and the basking spot is at around 85. Several thermometers and a temp gun
  • Humidity - from 40-80. 40 if I haven’t misted in a while. How are you checking this? How long does he go without being misted?
  • Plants - pothos and one I can’t remember the name of.
  • Placement - separate room, no traffic except me, close to fan. Usually turn the fan on for a while cuz the air gets a little stagnant since the door is always closed. Cage almost 2 feet above ground If the room air is stagnant to you then it is for him as well. He need fresh air not stagnant air. Leave the door open so it circulates.
  • Location - central Florida
Typically shedding issues are from husbandry issues. Please answer the questions above. But with the lack of proper gutload and no multivitamin this along creates shedding issues.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

He is about a year and 2 months. Every feeding is calcium without D3 and every 2 weeks reptivite with D3. I give the crickets and roaches lots of carrots and sweet potato along w the fluckers cricket diet, but I’ll upgrade to whats instructed. I have hydrometers in the cages and the longes he’s go without being misted is 3/4 hours which is when my gf comes home and mists him while I’m at work. I turn the fan on and open the door occasionally to vet the room, also open the window at times. Problem is I have cats and they come in the room and the chams get defensive when they see them. I keep them separated mostly tho. Every misting is about 1-2 minutes.
image.jpg

His poops are usually way bigger but he hasn’t been eating much lately. This is his most recent poop.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is the stuff around his mouth normal ?

Back
Top Bottom