Is My Basking Temp Ok? Too low?

so last night, he slept on his Money Tree on a branch that was almost completely vertical. Is that normal? It was almost as if he was 'standing' while sleeping. I watched him for a while because I was suprised he can sleep and keep his grip like that:eek: . When I woke up in the morning, before lights on, he was in the same spot. I thought he would sleep on a more flat or horizontal surface

Different bulbs are going to put out different "true" wattages. Especially depending on how constant the voltage across the power source is. Also, I'm no sure if my vines were a solid twelve inches from the light, but again using it is a a good rough estimate. It's true though; te little ones tend to hang from the top, but I'm just saying I've noticed as they've gotten larger they're not as interested in it. Maybe it's just too much weight to hold or something.

Absolutely normal, although when it comes to Cham sleeping positions nothing can really be described as 'normal'. They do sometimes look very uncomfortable :)

Awesome! Yea I was amazed that he could sleep like that:D Pactically straight up. Another thing I've noticed is that he leans to the side when kicking back on his basking spot. Although, I read around last night, and heard that's pretty common as well. To me, looked like he was going to fall over or something, but i guess that's just there normal (or abnormal) behavior

Awesome! Yea I was amazed that he could sleep like that:D Pactically straight up. Another thing I've noticed is that he leans to the side when kicking back on his basking spot. Although, I read around last night, and heard that's pretty common as well. To me, looked like he was going to fall over or something, but i guess that's just there normal (or abnormal) behavior

Yeah, it's just they way they roll.....that gangsta lean is to angle themselves into the heat better, and they will flatten themselves out to get a bigger surface area to absorb the heat more efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom