Is my baby veiled Chameleon ok?

N

Now that I’m here, is there any tips or tricks to make the crickets stay in the feeding cup? It’s a pain to have them scattered throughout the terrarium and I can’t put the calcium on them or gutload them while they are scattered
i buy about 20 wich last me a week so i can gutload them befor hand i use a tall cup to feed so they dont hop out

You said...."Now that I’m here, is there any tips or tricks to make the crickets stay in the feeding cup? It’s a pain to have them scattered throughout the terrarium and I can’t put the calcium on them or gutload them while they are in cage by leaving a small dish of greens, veggies in the cage for the insects.

Hi again, I’m sorry for bombarding you guys with questions but as I’m observing Milo’s behavior throughout the week I notice more things. He now has more darkish colors and spends all middays in the same spot without moving and closing from time to time his eyes or looking down, when he moves his legs they tremble and just now he did like if he was going to puke but without opening his mouth like compressing the “chin sack” and then rapidly puffing it again and again for some time. He only opened his mouth s little and let out a gentle squeak. Is this really concerning as it looks?

I might add that here in Spain right now we have some hot days and his terrarium is at 28 at day and 26/25 at night even though I tried everything to chill the enclosure

Hi again, I’m sorry for bombarding you guys with questions but as I’m observing Milo’s behavior throughout the week I notice more things. He now has more darkish colors and spends all middays in the same spot without moving and closing from time to time his eyes or looking down, when he moves his legs they tremble and just now he did like if he was going to puke but without opening his mouth like compressing the “chin sack” and then rapidly puffing it again and again for some time. He only opened his mouth s little and let out a gentle squeak. Is this really concerning as it looks?

I might add that here in Spain right now we have some hot days and his terrarium is at 28 at day and 26/25 at night even though I tried everything to chill the enclosure
I just seen him point his head up and open and close his mouth a few times, then he stops and some time later makes the same thing. What could all this be?

could be the heat in the cage maybe, I’m not entirely sure but i was told a while back it’s because of that
I just seen him point his head up and open and close his mouth a few times, then he stops and some time later makes the same thing. What could all this be?

You said...."Now that I’m here, is there any tips or tricks to make the crickets stay in the feeding cup? It’s a pain to have them scattered throughout the terrarium and I can’t put the calcium on them or gutload them while they are in cage by leaving a small dish of greens, veggies in the cage for the insects.
Don't know how my reply got messed up but you said..."is there any tips or tricks to make the crickets stay in the feeding cup? It’s a pain to have them scattered throughout the terrarium and I can’t put the calcium on them or gutload them while they are scattered"...and what I was trying to say was ...to gutload them in the cage, leave a small dish of greens and veggies in the cage for the insects. You can also sprinkle the greens and veggies with a bit of calcium powder.

The behavior you're describing could be that he's not well or it could be from the heat.

Last edited:
The behavior you're describing could be that he's not well or it could be from the heat. Is he able to get into the shade and have access to water?
Hi and thanks for the response, yes he is able to hide in shades but he simply doesn’t hide for shade, also I spray the terrarium three times a day morning midday and night.

Back
Top Bottom