Is it weird my chameleon likes to cuddle

BrennaNxoxo

I got my chameleon about 3 weeks ago and he's super sweet and is really getting attatched to me which I didn't think could occur! And now he likes to cuddle and be wrapped up in a warm towel and take naps when he cuddles! I'm not complaining at all ! Just wondering if anyone else's chameleon does this :)

image.jpg
Here's a pic of him

If he is "cuddling" during the day with his eyes closed that's not good... chameleons don't nap during the day. Has he been eating and drinking?

If he is "cuddling" during the day with his eyes closed that's not good... chameleons don't nap during the day. Has he been eating and drinking?

No it's toward the night time around like 7 o'clock and yes he eats like crazy and drinks like crazy also

He doesn't do it during the day during the day he will just want me to take him out and wait at his screen door for me then he will wait by my hand to rub the top of his head

the pic is very cute , but I agree - if his eyes are closed, that is not good- my panther will also "cuddle ", snuggle right into the crook in my arm, but he NEVER closes his eyes - here he is smushing himself into my arms - but as you can see, his eyes are open

** ok, lol- you were posting as I was posting - a cuddle is so fun =)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 1,081
When you say naps...chameleons do not nap. They go to sleep for the night and they wake up in the morning. Why are you wrapping him in a warm towel? I am not so sure I would be doing that.

the pic is very cute , but I agree - if his eyes are closed, that is not good- my panther will also "cuddle ", snuggle right into the crook in my arm, but he NEVER closes his eyes - here he is smushing himself into my arms - but as you can see, his eyes are open

** ok, lol- you were posting as I was posting - a cuddle is so fun =)

So is it weird he cuddles and falls asleep at night time ?

So is it weird he cuddles and falls asleep at night time ?

Well, what do you mean cuddle? and again, why are you wrapping him in a warm towel? Once he falls asleep then what do you do with him.? Once they fall asleep for the night they really should not be disturbed.

Chameleons do not like to cuddle, and do not take mid day naps...

He could possibly be stressed out from randomly being wrapped in a towel, or some other health issue could be at hand.

To be on the safe side, please fill out the "Help form" which is a sticky in the health section. Just copy it, answer the questions and paste it back to a reply on this thread.

It will give us a good look at your husbandry to see is something may need changing.

yes, its like carol is saying, if he snuggles in, and just sits, that is fine- but like she is saying, if he is closing his eyes- AT ALL - that is not good- they do not cat nap- sometimes closing the eyes is a stress reaction - what you may think as a "fun" or affection , may really be a stress thing for him - and you have not really had him that long- not being mean - please do not misunderstand - but carol is giving you good info -

I got my chameleon about 3 weeks ago and he's super sweet and is really getting attatched to me which I didn't think could occur! And now he likes to cuddle and be wrapped up in a warm towel and take naps when he cuddles! I'm not complaining at all ! JuSt wondering if anyone else's chameleon does this :)

It is not weird at all. Mine cuddles too. When she's tired, she crawls on me clings on tight, and falls asleep. Just now I took her out of her free range, she crawled on my chair and paced back and forth. Then she stopped, laid down, clutched the cushion and looked around a bit. Then she fell asleep. She's a cuddle bug. Everyone's chameleon is different. I've had my baby since she was a month old. She's comfortable. she always does the same thing, she cuddles in and sleeps. Chameleons have different personalities when in captivity. Just like any other animal would. Yours seems to be just fine.

It is not weird at all. Mine cuddles too. When she's tired, she crawls on me clings on tight, and falls asleep. Just now I took her out of her free range, she crawled on my chair and paced back and forth. Then she stopped, laid down, clutched the cushion and looked around a bit. Then she fell asleep. She's a cuddle bug. Everyone's chameleon is different. I've had my baby since she was a month old. She's comfortable. she always does the same thing, she cuddles in and sleeps. Chameleons have different personalities when in captivity. Just like any other animal would. Yours seems to be just fine.
This thread is 3 yrs old incase you did not see. I am sure by now her chameleon is deceased if she kept doing what she is doing in the picture. Not recommended wrapping the poor thing in a towel.

Herbert also falls asleep on us at night. If it's after 9pm and we turn off the lights, he'll slowly lower himself, curl his tail, turn his normal bright sleeping colors, and he's out. I think that he enjoys the body heat. He actually backed up into my wife's sleeve one time and she pulled it up a little more for him.
image.jpg

Before all of you haters out there start saying that this is his defense mechanism, he doesn't like it, he's stressed, ect, don't even bother. He only does it at night after turning off the lights in the living room. He turns these colors every time he falls asleep whether it's in his cage, on top of his cage, or on our hand. The above picture was taken months ago. Last night, we let him sleep outside his cage for the very first time. He was out and decided to put himself bed in this very spot. Stayed there the entire night!
image.jpg

Notice that he is the exact same colors in both pictures even though they were taken months apart from each other? I know my Cham very well and he is a very friendly cuddle bug. He's definitely asleep and enjoying himself - not stressed and playing dead. We lucked out and got a great tempered one!

Chameleons shouldent be wrapped in a towel but I could be wrong. When I first got mine he would close his eyes but unless it's bed time I realized it's because he wishes he was somewhere else lol. I almost compare it to my seasick remedy. When I feel like I'm getting sea sick in a boat, I simply close my eyes and pretend I'm in a rocking chair and it works .... weird I know

Man, I wish my veiled chameleon would willingly get within 10 feet of me xD. I really did try... hand fed him for months. He's all charm when you have food...

Back
Top Bottom