Is it possible to over-feed a juvenile?

Tattersb

Avid Member
I've had my new juvenile panther a little over two weeks, and I have a question about his (many) feedings. He's about six months old now, and around 11" tip to tip. He was 53 grams when he arrived, and he's gained 19 grams in 16 days. He eats 15-20 crickets a day with a few dubia or a few supers. (New feeders are on order but the weather has been a problem.) So far I've not had to remove "left over" feeders from his enclosure at night, and he ALWAYS eats when I offer anything. He's drinking a lot and poops at least once daily. All that being said, is it possible to overfeed a juvenile?

Attachments

• PJs.JPG
    PJs.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 165
If he's getting fat then you're feeding him too much but if he's just right (like yours looks to be) then you're feeding him right.
Some will eat until they are really fat. Remember ...in the wild the insects come and go....in captivity we hand them to them on a sliver platter.

If he's getting fat then you're feeding him too much but if he's just right (like yours looks to be) then you're feeding him right.
Some will eat until they are really fat. Remember ...in the wild the insects come and go....in captivity we hand them to them on a sliver platter.
He's not getting fat by any means. When he's stretched out hunting he actually looks lean. He's also very active, spends maybe half his time roaming and climbing and the other half basking.

Back
Top Bottom