Is it poop?

This has been hanging from his booty for about a week its dark brown and little looks like poop but not sure. Can someone help thx
0425171326.jpg

Its been stuck for awhile now I was worried it was a prolapse or something. Do I just pull it out? Because I don't think it's coming out on its own.

I would try softening it up with showers and seeing if that doesn't loosen it up.
Shower - Another method of providing water, especially to dehydrated chameleons, is by using a shower. Place a large plant in the tub, aim the shower head against the wall, and run the water so that only a fine mist reaches the chameleon. The water should be room temperature (not hot!). They may drink for up to 30 minutes. Make sure to supervise your chameleon at all times while using this method.

I would try softening it up with showers and seeing if that doesn't loosen it up.
Shower - Another method of providing water, especially to dehydrated chameleons, is by using a shower. Place a large plant in the tub, aim the shower head against the wall, and run the water so that only a fine mist reaches the chameleon. The water should be room temperature (not hot!). They may drink for up to 30 minutes. Make sure to supervise your chameleon at all times while using this method.
Ill give him one tonight and see if that helps

Whats that??
Seminal plugs are hard waxy plugs of seminal fluid and cellular debris that build up in the inverted hemipenes. They have a long, tapered shape, usually with a rounded cap at the end which is closest to the cloaca/vent. When the plugs start protruding from the groove in the hemipenes into the cloaca or the vent, the feces passes along the top of the plug, usually coating that end. Often, the first sign of retained plugs that a lizard keeper sees is what looks like a small clump of feces stuck in the vent. What is actually being seen, however, is the top of the feces-capped plug.

Normally, these plugs, which form usually during breeding season, are expelled naturally during defecation. They may or may not be noticeable when the keeper is cleaning up the urates and feces. When they are extruded by the lizard during defecation (or as an isolated act, as with the melted cheese-like exudate discussed above), they may be so small as to be unnoticed, or may be covered by the feces. If the plugs are not forced out, however, they continue to grow in the inverted hemipene, eventually causing some discomfort.

Hope this helps.

Seminal plugs are hard waxy plugs of seminal fluid and cellular debris that build up in the inverted hemipenes. They have a long, tapered shape, usually with a rounded cap at the end which is closest to the cloaca/vent. When the plugs start protruding from the groove in the hemipenes into the cloaca or the vent, the feces passes along the top of the plug, usually coating that end. Often, the first sign of retained plugs that a lizard keeper sees is what looks like a small clump of feces stuck in the vent. What is actually being seen, however, is the top of the feces-capped plug.

Normally, these plugs, which form usually during breeding season, are expelled naturally during defecation. They may or may not be noticeable when the keeper is cleaning up the urates and feces. When they are extruded by the lizard during defecation (or as an isolated act, as with the melted cheese-like exudate discussed above), they may be so small as to be unnoticed, or may be covered by the feces. If the plugs are not forced out, however, they continue to grow in the inverted hemipene, eventually causing some discomfort.

Hope this helps.
Well I hope thats not what it is!! If it is does it fall out by itself? I don't have a reptile vet that does chameleons around my area

Well I hope thats not what it is!! If it is does it fall out by itself? I don't have a reptile vet that does chameleons around my area

Petey's did come out on its own, but hes been ill and getting soaked which im sure helped. I found this in the same article when I found his plug.
You can try to remove them yourself. First, soak the lizard in a warm bath. Then using gloved hands or a couple of layers of facial tissue, gently rock one of the plugs from side to side as you gently pull. The plug should pop out. A bit of the hemipene may evert a bit with the plug but the hemipene should retract back into the tail.

Hope this helps.
Petey's did come out on its own, but hes been ill and getting soaked which im sure helped. I found this in the same article when I found his plug.
You can try to remove them yourself. First, soak the lizard in a warm bath. Then using gloved hands or a couple of layers of facial tissue, gently rock one of the plugs from side to side as you gently pull. The plug should pop out. A bit of the hemipene may evert a bit with the plug but the hemipene should retract back into the tail.
ALL RIGHT!! you guys got it nailed!

Well I gave him a bath/shower that was a success he loved it! and I loosened it up and tried to pull it out but a little piece broke off it the rest wouldn't come out

Back
Top Bottom