Is it ok for the urate plug to be runny?

Tucklander

Avid Member
I see the sperm plug and normal poop but his urine is runny today? Is that okay. That’s less than ten minutes old. It’s white but it’s always been solid? Any concerns?

Harry gets misted 3 times a day for 3 1/2 minutes , have a garden pump with sharpie line on it and it takes 3 1/2 minutes to empty. Also a light spray 30 minutes before lights out for night time humidity. Mistking arriving Tuesday, to be installed.

6 1/2 months old vieled male approx.
18x18x30 enclosure (adult encl. currently being built)
Gutloaded crickets, Dubai’s, wild caught grasshoppers , and super worms are his diet
Calcium without d3 each meal, d3 twice a month, reptivite twice a month
Lights 7:30 am to 8:00 pm
14” uvb t5ho
50 watt basking household Incad.
86-88 basking, 73-75 lower part
Had him 3 months in my care,
Hasn’t been to vet yet
He looks normal and energetic just eaten and drank crickets/ a Dubai and 1 super...

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Attachments

• 1FE3F039-AE85-4A25-BDC7-989144DF7793.jpeg
    1FE3F039-AE85-4A25-BDC7-989144DF7793.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 93
Actually it’s firming up now , maybe I haven’t seen it so soon? But it’s turning solid now...lol. 5 minutes later...

I think you were just seeing it “fresh.” There is usually a decent amount of clear fluid that accompanies both the poop and urates. You can see how much of it soaked into the newspaper. Monitor it and unless it changes drastically I’d say he’s good.

This happened to my female veiled when she started eating blueberries. I didn't give her any for a week and they solidified again. I'm no expert but I think it's just extra fluids in them I haven't noticed any changes in her because of it.

I think you were just seeing it “fresh.” There is usually a decent amount of clear fluid that accompanies both the poop and urates. You can see how much of it soaked into the newspaper. Monitor it and unless it changes drastically I’d say he’s good.
Yeah it’s already turning solid looking, I think I just happened to run across it very fresh...Thanks, and I’m adding another misting in when his Mistking comes Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom