IS IT NORMAL FOR MY CHAMELEON TO BE THIS COLOR?

I can to check on my Cham and it was this color
2EE6E7CF-047B-4954-8687-331D3E6E0346.jpeg

I can to check on my Cham and it was this colorView attachment 338650
This looks to me like gravid coloring which means she’s ready to lay eggs. Are you aware you have a female? She needs a lay bin in her cage with moist playsand so she can dig and lay her eggs before she becomes egg bound. I’ll tag some knowledgeable members in female veileds. I’d post a pic of her back feet to confirm gender but the coloring is a big giveaway. @MissSkittles @JacksJill

Last edited:
Looks annoyed. If she was gravid she would have high yellow spots and be dark. If she was ready to mate she would have high orange spots and be bright.

Instead she just high contrast spots, which means pissed or stressed.

Hi did you take out the compact fluorescent, order the digital probe , raise your uv? As I and others have mentioned get a lay bin

Last edited:
Looks annoyed. If she was gravid she would have high yellow spots and be dark. If she was ready to mate she would have high orange spots and be bright.

Instead she just high contrast spots, which means pissed or stressed.
Gravid:
View attachment 338655

Wants to be gravid:
View attachment 338656

Seconds before losing a finger:
View attachment 338657
I agree, my girl gets these colors when she is annoyed/scared or super mad at me
5B4B81A3-6F5A-4DE1-8A63-49CD66A6FC14.jpeg
9587354B-BF54-41B7-BE9E-BD3BB744BC51.jpeg
48E6460F-CD76-4303-B1BE-9C22032B68D1.jpeg

All of these pics of beautiful annoyed ladies! 🥰 @IsaacLuvslucky while your pretty little girl is just irritated, she will sooner than you’d think reach her sexual maturity and start producing eggs. It can happen as young as 5-6 months old! It’s extra important to have your husbandry as close to perfect as possible to help prevent difficulties laying eggs. When you are ready for all of that info, just say the word. :)

Back
Top Bottom