Is it just my ambanja... Or do all of them...

susannuh

just have crazy appetites? I swear he can never get enough dubias (luckily our colony is large), crickets or super worms. Haha I'm about to nickname him mouthful because everytime you see him his mouth is full. That picture is a little old but I swear that's what he looks like always. Well and of course he's put on a little bit of weight. Are there any other chams beyond the juvenile ages with this appetite? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344942253.069658.jpg

Haha, lucky you. I never kept a panther but my male Veiled likes to keep himself hungry ever since he got to 8 months old.
My female is a proper greedy guts though and would never stop eating if she had the choice :)

Haha, lucky you. I never kept a panther but my male Veiled likes to keep himself hungry ever since he got to 8 months old.
My female is a proper greedy guts though and would never stop eating if she had the choice :)

Haha that's interesting. My fiancé and I just rescued a veiled from Austin, I'll keep that in mind when she gets her strength back to eat and get off the syringe. I wonder if it's just the personalities... Our female ambilobe just looks at us like we're idiots when we're feeding her, so I have to do all sorts of special tricks with the food. I'm just like 'why... Do you just like watching me entertain you? Is it dinner theater?'

Lucky you. You might end up with a stunning monster (he looks awesome). My ambanja is getting so picky. Have to change feeders at least every other day. If not available, he is on a strike - hate him.

Lucky you. You might end up with a stunning monster (he looks awesome). My ambanja is getting so picky. Have to change feeders at least every other day. If not available, he is on a strike - hate him.
Thank you, that's a wonderful compliment! I appreciate it. :D We actually originally got him from Jon Rich! Oh god that sounds awful, I'm so sorry! Hopefully his eating habbits will get better. I'll be praying and sending good thoughts and wishes your way. :)

Haha that's interesting. My fiancé and I just rescued a veiled from Austin, I'll keep that in mind when she gets her strength back to eat and get off the syringe. I wonder if it's just the personalities... Our female ambilobe just looks at us like we're idiots when we're feeding her, so I have to do all sorts of special tricks with the food. I'm just like 'why... Do you just like watching me entertain you? Is it dinner theater?'

Yeah I think it's complicated. Personality, sex, temperature, species. Lots of variables. You are lucky with this one though, he looks great :)
You are obviously doing it all right, but here is a great basic caresheet for Veileds - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html
P.s. my female Veiled has recently started trying to eat me as well :D I think intelligence might also be a factor........

Yeah thats probably about right. Haha. Veileds are a handful. They're little escape artists. I would still love to get a parsons, which I know will probably eat A LOT. Haha.

I would still love to get a parsons, which I know will probably eat A LOT. Haha.
Well, wouldn't we all :) Not going to happen in the foreseeable for me though. In the mean time I have to make do with looking at other peoples pretty lizards........

Haha. That's how I feel right now. I have the money. But just no ones selling one right now. I saw a gorgeous Sambava that I was pretty interested in, but I don't think the seller would sell it to me. :( plus there's the problem of not knowing the age.

just have crazy appetites? I swear he can never get enough dubias (luckily our colony is large), crickets or super worms. Haha I'm about to nickname him mouthful because everytime you see him his mouth is full. That picture is a little old but I swear that's what he looks like always. Well and of course he's put on a little bit of weight. Are there any other chams beyond the juvenile ages with this appetite? View attachment 62127

More proof to support your claim lol :D

a6937b9b-18bc-d332.jpg
a6937b9b-18c8-5aaa.jpg

Him having a good consistent appetite is showing you are doing a great job with him. Some never let down and some will tone it down. Keep him looking fit not over weight :) He looks great keep it up!

Him having a good consistent appetite is showing you are doing a great job with him. Some never let down and some will tone it down. Keep him looking fit not over weight :) He looks great keep it up!

Thank you so much! Yet again, that's a huge compliment! So far all the people that have left kind words are people that I respect. :D haha I'm a proud cham momma!

Back
Top Bottom