Is he shedding or something else?

Staticpulse

Hey guys.
Been a while since I've come here ^^ busy doing college work *yay*

Anyway, I was feeding Herman earlier and noticed his nostrils are white. It looks like their shedding but im not sure... Here are some pics (phone quality, sorry)

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

The last time he shed was...3 weeks ago I think. Could he be starting again and just started with his nostrils for some reason?

I dont think its over suplementation as he currently isnt on any calcium supliments only multivits which he gets every other week and I only use a pinch so you can hardly tell the food is covered.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Emma x

It could be a shed, but could you be specific on your supplementation regime?
What do you supplement with?
What days do you supplement?
How many of the feeders do you supplement?
How heavy do you supplement?

Here is a picture of a shed that is about to start:
Translucents019.jpg

Hi Justin, thanks for the reply.

What do you supplement with?

I currently use Zoo Med's Reptivite (I don't know if this is a good one, I just wanted to give him something as I havent found a calcium supp without D3)

What days do you supplement?

I supplement on one day twice a month (every other week)

How many of the feeders do you supplement?

I would say half of the feeders given are dusted (about 4/5 crix)

How heavy do you supplement?

Not heavy at all, as I said you can hardly tell there's any supplement on them.

Im still looking for a pure calcium supplement without D3 as the shops near me all seem to have D3 in them (even the ones that say they dont!) and I cannot order from the internet at the moment.

Remember you should be supplementing with a plain calcium at most feedings (no D3), a calcium WITH D3 less often (frequency varies depending on how much unfiltered, natural sunlight your cham gets), as well as a multi-vitamin about twice a month (like the Reptivite you have).
You should be using ALL three types of supplements, not just one.

Read this article. It has some important suggestions about supplementation:
Successful Keeping of Veiled Chameleons: Supplements

Hi Tygerr, thanks for your reply.

I am aware that I should be supplementing with all 3, but its really hard to get hold of those sorts of things around here without using the internet and I wasnt sure about using the D3 when i didnt have a calcium supp without it.

I will get hold of a D3 supp however as long as this is ok :)

Now I just wonder whats going on with Herman's nostrils...

Emma x

Back
Top Bottom