Is he happy or sad

cheeseburglar01

Hi so I'm looking for help deciding which colors are mad or happy

In this first image he climbed all the way up to my shoulder and then stoped and turned these colors. I'm thinking there are his angry colors but I'm unsure because he doesnt puff up or run away IMG_0789.JPG

I this second image (sorry it's slightly blurry) he was running along my arm in the sun. He makes this colors when eating super worms too. But he often runs away from me when he makes these colors. IMG_0795.PNG
He is a 4 month old Panther Chameleon, eating calcium dusted crickets and drinking from a dripper, sprayed 2-3 times a day. And taken out for 30 mins sorta everyday. He loves looking out windows and going on top of heads or shoulders.

IMHO he is neither "angry" or "sad". Color change is triggered by the level of stress hormones firing at the time. He is showing various levels of stress (and there is good stress as well as bad stress)....when he's stimulated by being held, climbing around on you, or going after food, his color is going to show the effect of more or less excitement. Now if he is truly angry or afraid, his stress level will continue to escalate, his color will tend to get darker and more intense, and he'll probably puff himself up, gape, or act defensive.

Back
Top Bottom