Is chleo impacted or possibly have eggs?

You chameleon is in critical condition: immediate veterinary intervention is required.

@Nicca90, I think she is critical but I haven't seen her only a few pictures and read your description. You need a vet to evaluate her because no one on this forum has seen her and you don't seem to understand or be aware of what you are seeing. I think either a vet tries to save her or you euthanize. Tonight. You cannot leave her like this. But I could be wrong. Only a good reptile vet will really know. I hope you are not responding because you are frantically trying to find a vet tonight. My heart goes out to you.

I feel like I need to say something back about chleo since you guys have taken the time to try to help. I want to let you guys know she has not been like this for a long time she started acting like this right when I posted this thread. It was obvious she was in bad shape yesterday but I did not feel like a trip to the vet last night was very doable because of her species and it was after hours. She had only just started acting this way and was her very worst yesterday. I hope I t offend anyone but I felt very guilty last night after all if the messages about her condition but she has been normal up until two days ago. Since last night she has dug her hole and laid quite a few eggs. She is still I'm the process of this but I am leaving her be to let nature take its course. I pray that she survives lying them and the aftermath of the process but it's hard to tell it's seems that this is a very hard thing to go through and I truly feel like I've tried to help her all that I can to make sure everything goes well other than bringing her to the vet obviously. I am ecstatic that she has laid at least some of them ! I am sorry I am not as knowledgeable of her species but it is very clear that it would take years and years to know everything about them especially a female Veiled!! I will post more later but like I said I am not going to bother her at all for a while so she doesn't have any added stress during her laying.

Well that is very good news that she dug her hole and laid her eggs then she is done. The worst is over. When she just went to sleep in the laying bin that was a very bad sign that usually means she is egg bound and given up and just ready to die I'm glad that wasn't the case. Now she will need a good misting to clean her up and I usually feed mine own some butter worms and horn worm well dusted to give her back the calcium, protein, and nutrients she lost going through her ordeal. I don't know what you mean by she laid "some of her eggs" once they start laying they lay the clutch come out of their hole and cover it over and thats the end. Is that what happened? Here is a link to Doughnuts laying experience https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/doughnut-gravid-eggbound.147150/

Last edited:
Yes she covered them up but she was still working on covering them last I looked I am so glad it is all over I was so stressed out last night and I really thought she was going to die! I went to a pet shop today but they don't have any worms other than mealworms and super worms so I got her some crickets for now and I will have to order some of the other worms for her. I am so relieved everything seems like it will be okay!! I hope this doesn't happen like this again I will have to keep her temps down and give her less food to try to prevent it if I can but we will see how that works :)

Thank you for the post also it has good information ! Do they dig up the eggs right away or wait a little while ? I have no idea how many she had.

Oh I said some of her eggs because I saw a few videos where they laid some and went back later to lay more but she may be all done . Hopefully she is all done.

Ok I see where you got your info from although I don't think that person really knows what they are talking about (ex male veiled without spurs?)
Haha that is true! It's truly hard to find good info on the internet.. Theres so much out there but it seems that best way to learn is personal experience.

Well for Chameleon info this place is the best there is you just need to read and search for it but there are plenty of people here to help you out to get the info you need.

I feel like I need to say something back about chleo since you guys have taken the time to try to help. I want to let you guys know she has not been like this for a long time she started acting like this right when I posted this thread. It was obvious she was in bad shape yesterday but I did not feel like a trip to the vet last night was very doable because of her species and it was after hours. She had only just started acting this way and was her very worst yesterday. I hope I t offend anyone but I felt very guilty last night after all if the messages about her condition but she has been normal up until two days ago. Since last night she has dug her hole and laid quite a few eggs. She is still I'm the process of this but I am leaving her be to let nature take its course. I pray that she survives lying them and the aftermath of the process but it's hard to tell it's seems that this is a very hard thing to go through and I truly feel like I've tried to help her all that I can to make sure everything goes well other than bringing her to the vet obviously. I am ecstatic that she has laid at least some of them ! I am sorry I am not as knowledgeable of her species but it is very clear that it would take years and years to know everything about them especially a female Veiled!! I will post more later but like I said I am not going to bother her at all for a while so she doesn't have any added stress during her laying.

What a relief!

She's not out of the woods yet. She needs a lot of calcium, water and food for a few days. Egg laying can be very hard on them. Take special care of her. She may take more than a week to recover. Or she might bounce right back. Make sure she gets a lot of calcium--feed her dusted food twice a day--and water. Once she's recovered, cut back her food and keep her lean.

I'm so glad it seems to be working out.

She seems to be doing well I gave her a nice long shower and she has been eating crickets and drinking water. I am amazed by her strength cannot believe she had such a huge clutch and not to mention how skinny she is! I feel very lucky to have witnessed this, it is truly a beautiful process Veiled chameleons go through to lay their eggs. She covered them up so perfectly like nothing happened, amazing

Attachments

• Snapchat-7780750180128886326.jpg
    Snapchat-7780750180128886326.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 106
  • Snapchat-400192209597061964.jpg
    Snapchat-400192209597061964.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 104
  • Snapchat-8317890395313532616.jpg
    Snapchat-8317890395313532616.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Snapchat-2164120759366147253.jpg
    Snapchat-2164120759366147253.jpg