Is bamboo safe for a free range?

II Knucklez II

I have read that some bamboo plants are toxic and some are not but haven't found out exactly which species are and which ones are not.

I want to set it up in a corner in my room with some jungle vines all around it. To me I think it will look really Nice and something different then a ficus for example.

Any one can help me out with this?

Ive used Dried Bamboo in all of my cages (2) for about a year now and everyone seems happy. If the stalks are too think sometimes its hard for the chams to get a proper grip.

I also used dried bamboo. I let it sit for a month or so before I put in in the cages. Luckly at my job, we have a bamboo garden that grows in the back, we cant cut it down fast enough.

So from my experience I would say go for it, but like I said, the Bamboo I use has been dried for a while, to the point where its not green its a tan color.

Ive used Dried Bamboo in all of my cages (2) for about a year now and everyone seems happy. If the stalks are too think sometimes its hard for the chams to get a proper grip.

I also used dried bamboo. I let it sit for a month or so before I put in in the cages. Luckly at my job, we have a bamboo garden that grows in the back, we cant cut it down fast enough.

So from my experience I would say go for it, but like I said, the Bamboo I use has been dried for a while, to the point where its not green its a tan color.

Bamboo is safe from what I've read.

Ya I have heard that dried bamboo is OK but I wanted to use it as a live plant. I think it will look a lot Nicer

I use dried bamboo too...
If you let it dry indoors, and keep it somehow a bit humid, it will stay greenish...
IF you let it dry outside in the sun, it will turn light brown...

Real bamboo is safe. "lucky bamboo" (the little ones people buy as small house plants that often come in various shapes) is not, its not even really bamboo.

OK thanks guys, I was wondering cause some people say some bamboo (not lucky bamboo) is toxic. I will be setting up a real live bamboo with a dirt pot and rocks on top of it

Also if a live bamboo plant does well indoors?

here's a pic of what I want it to look like

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382215549479.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382215549479.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 206
Hmm. I've never heard that bamboo is toxic, but I suppose it very well could be. Perhaps just make sure the animal that you are using it for has no history of eating plants? Some people use toxic plants in cages/free ranges if the animals have never even tried to eat plants before.

Back
Top Bottom