Is a dimmer thermostat essential?

Pickle-cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm just starting to gather the things needed for my build, ordered arcadia 14cm dome with a arcadia 75w and a 100w floodlight bulbs also with the recommendation of members on here i have junked the t8 equipment and got a Arcadia pro t5 6% light fitting and reflector on order.
Just wanting to know if i need to get a dimming thermostat straight away or is it not necessary straight off as long as bask spot is set up with bulb at full heat?
Would rather spend the money on a jungle dawn tbh ?

The hardest thing to plan is drainage, also wish dragon ledges available in uk without import tax and overseas shipping as i want plants off the floor to make maintenance easier.

The hardest thing to plan is drainage, also wish dragon ledges available in uk without import tax and overseas shipping as i want plants off the floor to make maintenance easier.
I have read that someone in the UK does something very similar to dragon ledges....though I am not a good source because I cannot remember who said that!

All dragon ledges are is pieces of PVC 1/4 sandwiched together.

You can DIY some very easy, every hardware store in the US sells the 1/4 x 1.5 inch PVC for lattice material. You can diy the ledges from that.

Thanks Cyberlocc, i was pricing up aluminium flat bar and was getting astronomical the price.
Im getting a 2ft by 4ft sheet printed & uv protected foamex board with Madagascar primordial forest photograph. I plan to replace back mesh piece for protecting the wallpaper from overspray.
Is pvc much different from foamex board i could maybe order a blank peice to cut up ?

Thanks Cyberlocc, i was pricing up aluminium flat bar and was getting astronomical the price.
Im getting a 2ft by 4ft sheet printed & uv protected foamex board with Madagascar primordial forest photograph. I plan to replace back mesh piece for protecting the wallpaper from overspray.
Is pvc much different from foamex board i could maybe order a blank piece to cut up ?

I would not use Foamed PVC, for that ledge. It likely is not strong enough.

Just get the lattice, its super cheap. Or you can get PVC strips from plastic shops. the plastic shops may be better as you can get the size you want to a T.

You can probally get Alu flat bar for fairly cheap actually, from a hardware supply like B&Q. If you go that route, you dont really need the outside strips just use small spacers cut out and rivet to the frame.

Back
Top Bottom