Introducing Sniper!

My roommate said the same exact thing lol but I'm Italian, we have a gender for every word and in my language it's translated "cecchino" and it's a male :( I like Aimy too though!
Did you name her the Italian word for sniper, or Sniper? Because the word sniper is of English derivation, and English doesn't have grammatical gender. Also, the name Sniper doesn't have to be—or have the same gender as—the word sniper in any language. ;)

But if you want to change it, go ahead—it's your chameleon.

Last edited:
Did you name her the Italian word for sniper, or Sniper? Because the word sniper is of English derivation, and English doesn't have grammatical gender. Also, the name Sniper doesn't have to be—or have the same gender as—the word sniper in any language. ;)

But if you want to change it, go ahead—it's your chameleon.
You’re totally right, my mind translates it automatically in Italian anyway though! If I knew it was a girl I wouldn’t have named her Sniper for sure lol it’s like calling her “dude”... I could, but it just doesn’t sound right to me...

Anyway, what’s the good side of having a girl other than less colors, smaller size, shorter life, laying bin and extra care during laying period?? Lmao any other good news I’m not aware of??

Looks female to me. I have three veiled girls and they are the sweetest. I do highly recommend not feeding her to much and do not keep her to hot. I highly recommend pet insurance, also. I use Nationwide and get the best plan available for females so it will cover all female reproductive issues you might possibly have.

Looks female to me. I have three veiled girls and they are the sweetest. I do highly recommend not feeding her to much and do not keep her to hot. I highly recommend pet insurance, also. I use Nationwide and get the best plan available for females so it will cover all female reproductive issues you might possibly have.
Will do! Thanks a lot :)

having a girl other than less colors, smaller size, shorter life,
Soooo this actually is not true. Reframe your thinking around it. Female Veileds have some amazing colors. Shorter life, nope not with the right husbandry. Really dialing in that basking so it is not hotter then 78 and making sure your reducing feeding amounts correctly so she has small clutches. Providing a permanant lay bin so when she needs it she has it is important as well. Not really extra care just being more mindful. They can be very gentle or aggressive just like males. FYI not all males get huge either lol. Just make sure your basics are covered with her husbandry and she can live a long healthy life just like a male. Once you get through her first cycle you will know what to expect and it won't seem as difficult.

You’re totally right, my mind translates it automatically in Italian anyway though! If I knew it was a girl I wouldn’t have named her Sniper for sure lol it’s like calling her “dude”... I could, but it just doesn’t sound right to me...

Anyway, what’s the good side of having a girl other than less colors, smaller size, shorter life, laying bin and extra care during laying period?? Lmao any other good news I’m not aware of??
The girls are beautiful too!! And my female is so unbelievably sweet!!
20210123_180419.jpg
20210101_164425.jpg
0715201801.jpg
0726201052d.jpg
0731200638.jpg
0813200654b.jpg

Snipher (Snipe her). Or name her after one of those world-famous women snipers 😝

1611609998824.png

https://mashable.com/2016/07/30/soviet-women-snipers/

Less expensive purchase price. :p

Since I hijacked the thread somewhat. Russia in WWII also had a squadron on women fighter pilots and when German fighter pilots got shot down by them and were captured. The German pilots wanted to know who shot them down because their foe outflew them. The Russians would then introduce them and the German pilots couldn't believe that they were bested by a women pilot. :)

Since I hijacked the thread somewhat. Russia in WWII also had a squadron o[f] women fighter pilots and when German fighter pilots got shot down by them and were captured. The German pilots wanted to know who shot them down because their foe outflew them. The Russians would then introduce them and the German pilots couldn't believe that they were bested by a women pilot. :)
So did we, except that it was African-Americans—the Tuskegee Airmen or Red Tails.
Similar reactions from bomber crews they saved.

The Tuskegee Airmen (1995 HBO)
Red Tails (2012 TCF)

Also:
Battle for Sevastopol (2015 TCF) Biopic about Russian sniper, Lyudmila Pavlichenko

Last edited:
Soooo this actually is not true. Reframe your thinking around it. Female Veileds have some amazing colors. Shorter life, nope not with the right husbandry. Really dialing in that basking so it is not hotter then 78 and making sure your reducing feeding amounts correctly so she has small clutches. Providing a permanant lay bin so when she needs it she has it is important as well. Not really extra care just being more mindful. They can be very gentle or aggressive just like males. FYI not all males get huge either lol. Just make sure your basics are covered with her husbandry and she can live a long healthy life just like a male. Once you get through her first cycle you will know what to expect and it won't seem as difficult.
I will do my best to let her feel like the princess of the house, I was just mentally prepared for a male because of all the egg-bound stories I’ve read about, sounded like much harder to keep.. I will do whatever adjustment she needs to be safe and comfortable! She is very sweet indeed, just went around the cage to explore and had a little adventure out of it too! we’re almost friend already :)

Just so you guys know, she always stayed on the top part of the cage these last 2 days, today she went on the bottom and started exploring, so I opened the cage a little bit and offered her a little branch with some leaves (a bouquet pretty much) while I was sitting on the floor so that she could feel safe being above me, she came out after a couple minutes after checking surroundings (never thought it’d be this hard to stand still for 2 minutes lol) so I moved a plant next to the desk so that she could climb it down, didn’t have to touch her at all. I was really careful looking at her body language and colors, she was light green the whole time, except for when I grabbed the phone to take a picture (of course) it was the longest and slowest 40 mins of my life, there was not a sound and I moved less than 1 inch per minute lol I opened up the window so that she could catch some real UVB and she looked very happy about it, she was really shy climbing up my finger at first (she would only put one foot on it and then she’d stay still) but at the end of the adventure she would climb my hand with no hesitation. It was a great experience for me, hopefully she enjoyed it too :)

Just so you guys know, she always stayed on the top part of the cage these last 2 days, today she went on the bottom and started exploring, so I opened the cage a little bit and offered her a little branch with some leaves (a bouquet pretty much) while I was sitting on the floor so that she could feel safe being above me, she came out after a couple minutes after checking surroundings (never thought it’d be this hard to stand still for 2 minutes lol) so I moved a plant next to the desk so that she could climb it down, didn’t have to touch her at all. I was really careful looking at her body language and colors, she was light green the whole time, except for when I grabbed the phone to take a picture (of course) it was the longest and slowest 40 mins of my life, there was not a sound and I moved less than 1 inch per minute lol I opened up the window so that she could catch some real UVB and she looked very happy about it, she was really shy climbing up my finger at first (she would only put one foot on it and then she’d stay still) but at the end of the adventure she would climb my hand with no hesitation. It was a great experience for me, hopefully she enjoyed it too :)
If you have window screen, that’ll block most (if not all) UVB

Back
Top Bottom