Introducing Sage

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'd been thinking about getting another chameleon. I have a house, two porches and a yard full of chameleon stuff and only Sadie to use it. I do have Hera, but in the FL heat she mainly has to stay in her humid, air conditioned room and I still have my two older panther boys Jr and Hendershot. Hendershot doesn't get around as good as he use to and Jr's arthritis is so bad in his lower back he can barely use his back legs and his tail is stiff. Dr. Mader did give me the ok to give him an Adequan injection for his arthritis this past weekend and I can already tell it's making him feel a little better. Of course I love them all dearly but I was thinking a new little healthy guy might just boost my spirits. I have been so depressed since losing Luie and then Sid two weeks later. Plus, I might want to breed Sadie down the road. Yes, I’m thinking about possibly breeding Sadie. If I don’t breed Sadie I’m afraid I’ll be so sorry that I didn’t when she’s gone. I know I would treasure one of Sadie’s babies and a Luie and Camille great grand.

I got a special delivery this morning from Karen (the photoprincess) at The Chameleon Farm in California. Thank you Karen! I already love him.

Meet Sage 7 weeks old

First a shot from Karen yesterday

SageKaren_zps65e5800d.jpg

His box this morning

photo5_zps8cc6b51d.jpg

His little bag

Sage2_zps29134b2f.jpg

When I opened his bag he looked at me like, who are you? Where am I at? What's going on?

Sage3_zpsb653ba09.jpg

Sage was out of that bag and up onto his little tree that I will keep on my kitchen bar for him so he can hang with me while I work in the kitchen.

Sage4_zpsfd733553.jpg

He's a little scared right now and showing some dull colors. I'm sure it will take him a day or two to adjust to his new home. I gave him a good misting and he's already had a few crickets and a small silkworm. I'll post some more pictures later when he's settled in a bit.

Sage5_zps20f66606.jpg

Jann, I am so happy to meet your new boy! :D He has no idea how spoiled he will be. Best of luck with him and I am truly happy for you. :) LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!! :D:D:D

I love his name! And I love the photo of him in the bag!

Poor little guy - I hate packing them up and shipping. It must be so scary for them. I'm glad he is already eating and I know he will be very happy with you!

Thank you for all the kind words about Sage. He had a couple more crickets out of his feeder cup and took a poop. :) He has a fat little belly. Im going to weigh him the next time he's off his tree. He has already stepped off his tree onto my hand a couple times. I think Karen already has him spoiled. She's such a good chameleon mom to all of her guys.

He has already stepped off his tree onto my hand a couple times. I think Karen already has him spoiled. She's such a good chameleon mom to all of her guys.

I'm not surprised. I have some baby Veileds at the moment (hatched on Sunday and Monday!).
Sage is one lucky guy..... I can't hope to place my little ones with such good keepers, but I am still doing what I can to spoil them while I have them (and all will come complete with a Chameleon Forums caresheet when I sell them! :D).
Congrats so much on your new guy, he seems to alredy know he's safe so I'm sure you'll be very happy together :)

:) :D :) :D oh Jann, he is cute as all get out !!! congrats on your new little one Sage - I love his name :D it will be fun to watch him grow up threw pics , look forward to many more pic of Sage :) :D

Thank you for all the kind words about Sage. He had a couple more crickets out of his feeder cup and took a poop. :) He has a fat little belly. Im going to weigh him the next time he's off his tree. He has already stepped off his tree onto my hand a couple times. I think Karen already has him spoiled. She's such a good chameleon mom to all of her guys.

thanks Jann! And yes, he's spoiled - they all are! I'm happy you will continue to spoil him.

Congrats Jann,
Sage is such a cutie,and we all know he will be super spoiled & will have such a wonderful home.

Ha!!! I have to go along with everyone else!!!! Does Sage know that he just "won the lottery!!!!!"
He's a very handsome little guy and I'm sure Sadie will approve!!!!!

Congrats on the new kid Jann! I love his name, just as sweet as his little face :) I just know he will be so happy with you and you with him!

Thank you for all the nice comments and to everyone that looked at my new little baby. Sage is such a little mess. I have had the most fun watching him today. He is quite the entertainer. I weighed him this afternoon and he's 9.3 grams.....just a wee man. I took him outside this evening and he really enjoyed that. He's unbelievably friendly for his first day here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom