Introducing Kaiju

azrael

We've added a new chameleon to our family. We have named him Kaiju. Some of you may remember him as Fiji on the forums. Fellow member henry66 needed to find a home for him and it was the right time for us to add to our family. Even more fortunately, he lived in our area. He came home with us last night and is settling in nicely in his own little quarantine nook. He's quite the "burrito", as we like to call adult chams.

He's about 20 months old and is a panther morph out of a sire from Kammerflage. We can't wait to see how his personality unfolds as he continues to settle in. Here are some photos of him on his first night and journey to his new home with us. Boy, you guys weren't kidding when you said chams are addicting. Fortunately/unfortunately, we're pretty much out of space for any more.

20141209_200809_zps81c8dbb2.jpg

20141209_230018_zps7492774c.jpg

20141210_001218_zpsab86d019.jpg

20141210_055655_zps3dcded02.jpg

Repdog; It did work out well. Like to avoid stress of shipping when ever possible.

Motherlode Chameleon: thanks! my husband thought of it, but it suits his personality, especially from the most recent movie.

zsazsa85: thank you!

jannb: thanks, Jann. We think so too.

lovelychams: thanks! they really are the shape and size of a burrito! When they are babies, they are tacos.

frikitiki: thank you!

Glad the trip home was safe. Take good care of him for me :D

Thanks, Henry. We certainly will. You've made it easy for us with how well you've taken care of him for his first year and a half. You'll be getting updates for as long as you want them!

Kaiju is a great looking guy, and best of luck with him! I must be living under a rock - where is his name from/what does it mean? :eek:

Kaiju is a great looking guy, and best of luck with him! I must be living under a rock - where is his name from/what does it mean? :eek:

Thank you. Kaiju is "strange creature" in Japanese. In popular culture they are a type of monster. The most recent Godzilla movie and a movie called Pacific Rim used the term liberally. Godzilla ' s personality in this most recent film had a quiet stoicism while still being fearsome, which suits our new guy very well.

Thank you. Kaiju is "strange creature" in Japanese. In popular culture they are a type of monster. The most recent Godzilla movie and a movie called Pacific Rim used the term liberally. Godzilla ' s personality in this most recent film had a quiet stoicism while still being fearsome, which suits our new guy very well.

Makes perfect sense - thanks for enlightening me!

Back
Top Bottom