Introducing Cosmic Rainbow...

Lunatuck

Established Member
Our little guy just arrived and is getting used to his enclosure. He already ate a couple crickets and found a good spot for a drink. He looks to have handled the trip well.

We had acquired him from Bruce Galbraith at chameleonparadise.net.

8B326AE7-77E8-499A-8647-A0DDE5D071EE.jpeg

Unboxing videos:

Had a fun night and morning with him. My kids got to see him feed. My daughter even got to hand feed him a cricket. We handled him for a couple minutes, but don't want to push him.

Last night he ate about 4 crickets. This morning, he ate 5. One that we watched him hunt on his own.

We also had a moment together. Lol. He looked up at me and looked thirsty. I knew the mister made him a bit nervous so I grabbed the spray bottle. I am guessing his breeder used a spray bottle because I saw him get excited (as if he recognized it)and as soon as I sprayed a leaf in front of him, he put his cheek down onto it and stuck out his tongue to drink. It was awesome!

When lights went out, I was in the other room and I heard a rattling coming from his room. I got nervous and ran in. As I walked in I realized it was a bromeliad leaf that had filled with water and was dripping on the plastic. But with flashlight in hand, I looked at him and just watched him smile while sleeping.

He's been hunting, but I'm trying to hand feed a bit to get him used to my hands.

He's also been opening his mouth. A few times I thought it was gaping because he wanted some alone time. As I watched though, it almost seemed like he was thirsty. I know they'll open their mouths to regulate temp, but he's at 85F, so I don't think its too hot. I'm getting the feeling he wants a more aggressive spray down. I've been only spraying stuff around him to let him get indirectly splashed. He hasn't made it to the lower parts of the enclosure yet. That's the cooler, more humid area.

He's been hunting, but I'm trying to hand feed a bit to get him used to my hands.

He's also been opening his mouth. A few times I thought it was gaping because he wanted some alone time. As I watched though, it almost seemed like he was thirsty. I know they'll open their mouths to regulate temp, but he's at 85F, so I don't think its too hot. I'm getting the feeling he wants a more aggressive spray down. I've been only spraying stuff around him to let him get indirectly splashed. He hasn't made it to the lower parts of the enclosure yet. That's the cooler, more humid area.

He is looking awesome! I got a pair of Panthers from Bruce,as for watering how often are you spraying his cage and are you spraying by hand or do you have a misting System?

He is looking awesome! I got a pair of Panthers from Bruce,as for watering how often are you spraying his cage and are you spraying by hand or do you have a misting System?

I have a misting system and am hand spraying. I’m in the northeast, so i use the misting system to mostly maintain humidity. As we exit the colder months, this will be easier as ambient humidity rises. I'm currently running it every 3 hours for 45s, but only during the day. After running it, the humidity usually rises to about 50% in the driest parts of the cage. It must be closer to 80-90% in the bottom. For now, he's been staying at the top.

I use the hand sprayer mostly for watering and misting plants, but I think he wants me to spray him. It appears he wants me to spray him on his head around his eyes. When I do, he blinks a lot, but not in a bad way. As if he's cleaning his eyes. I'm still just gently misting him. Don't want to take the fire hose to him, but I think he may like it.

I've seen him drink, but I don't think he's quite figured out where to go to get water in the cage. So I've sprayed in front of him to give him closer sources.

I have a misting system and am hand spraying. I’m in the northeast, so i use the misting system to mostly maintain humidity. As we exit the colder months, this will be easier as ambient humidity rises. I'm currently running it every 3 hours for 45s, but only during the day. After running it, the humidity usually rises to about 50% in the driest parts of the cage. It must be closer to 80-90% in the bottom. For now, he's been staying at the top.

I use the hand sprayer mostly for watering and misting plants, but I think he wants me to spray him. It appears he wants me to spray him on his head around his eyes. When I do, he blinks a lot, but not in a bad way. As if he's cleaning his eyes. I'm still just gently misting him. Don't want to take the fire hose to him, but I think he may like it.

I've seen him drink, but I don't think he's quite figured out where to go to get water in the cage. So I've sprayed in front of him to give him closer sources.
I would try changing your misting time to closer to 2 minutes but definitely more then 45 seconds and maybe just cut back on how often the system turns on to insure the cage dries up in between misting. Your little guy needs more time to stimulate him to drink and use the water for eye cleaning. Hope this helps.

I would try changing your misting time to closer to 2 minutes but definitely more then 45 seconds and maybe just cut back on how often the system turns on to insure the cage dries up in between misting. Your little guy needs more time to stimulate him to drink and use the water for eye cleaning. Hope this helps.
It does help. Unfortunately, the misting system I have only allows up to 1m of spraying. I can run it as often as every hour, but have been hand spraying to suppliment.

I’m already thinking about replacing the misting system.

Definitely would look into a new system I know Bruce recommends a different type of misting System but I went with Mistking it’s awesome!

Well, he's eating and growing like crazy! I grabbed the original container he shipped in and there's no way he would fit any longer.

He's still learning his cage. His new routine is to start coming towards the middle-bottom, under a bromeliad leaf as bedtime is coming. I slowly shut off the lights outside the enclosure as it gets close. That's his sign.

There are some cool things I've noticed about him. First, he moves the most when I'm walking into or out of the room. Maybe he thinks other motion disguises him. It's nice, though, because I tend to catch him just as he goes for a cricket.

I was a little nervous, because he was opening his mouth. But now, I'm noticing he does it when he's crossing the hotspot in the cage. Or when someone new walks into the room, but that's more of a gape.

He also got his first hint of sun. The sun is just peeking through the window of his room and hits the bottom 1/2 of his enclosure. He moved right down into the natural sun. I can't wait until it's warm enough to open a window or take him outside. I may set him up a free range jungle right in front of that window.

Yesterday morning, he had a watery poop, but I'm not terribly worried about that because he's been eating silkworms and I've increased his misting. I didn't see a second poop since then, so I'm watching.

Those blue spots are so interesting! I have never seen that before. It will be exciting to see his colors develop.

The blue above his hip? I believe the breeder used marker ink for keeping track. Lol.

If its the blue on his side, he’s developing some amazing colors. I cant wait to see how he develops.

Back
Top Bottom