INTRO: Stewart

Crued

Hello! This is Stewart; approx 18 months old CB, got here Tuesday. Been lurking for a while for my research but decided to post now that I'm all setup. While new to reptiles in general I have extensive experience in saltwater aquariums, so feel I'm up to the task of my new buddy. He's super friendly and I've been slowly allowing him to grab a finger or gently pet his side while we get to know each other. Stewart apparently likes free-roam insects which in this enclosure might be difficult, so I'm trying to get him to use the shooting gallery you see in the middle right (I glued the shooting gallery to a piece of screen).

20200820_175026473_iOS.jpg

If you don't mind the suggestion. I might remove the mossy stuff at the bottom and replace it with dead leaves. There's a concern that the Chams could eat the moss and get impacted etc but the leaves would be could for any springtails and isopods.

If you don't mind the suggestion. I might remove the mossy stuff at the bottom and replace it with dead leaves. There's a concern that the Chams could eat the moss and get impacted etc but the leaves would be could for any springtails and isopods.

The mossy stuff is stuffed between the bag that holds the dirt and the screen/enclosure (so that bugs and what not don't get in between there and disappear. I will be sure to pick up the stuff that's gotten loose and then put a layer of leaves over it (there is a layer of leaves but not that much). Thanks for the tip.

His colors are awesome very similar to my panther except for the blues:love: Are those baggy eyes normal?

I've had him for less than 3 days so I don't know if it's normal for him, normal for Chameleons, or fatigue on the trip here and acclimating to new environment?

Back
Top Bottom