Intro - back to Chameleons

Xd Panther

Hi everyone
I had a Panther back in 2008, he got sick in 2009 and passed on.
Coming up 2012, even though I said no reptiles again, I really have that itch...that itch to do it even better this time.

I just wanted to say hi. I am getting together masses of info and a nice parts list together, I am planning a 24x24x40 for one male panther.
I will be posting questions here and there, maybe a barrage, I don't know.

I am excited and will be collecting parts for the next several months and building up the cage setup well before I put a panther in there.

I look forward, and this site has already been great learning material. Boy are there alot of drainage options, lol.
Nick

Hello Nick, welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. If you take a look at the classifieds you can get a lot of the things you might want/need.

If you have any questions, just ask. You may get 4 people with 4 opinions, but you will get lots of info.

Good point - I love more than one opinion, it's more than one option for me ;)

I don't have the setup yet, but it will be metal mesh. I like the black ones from LLL Rep and it seems their drainage tray is pretty easy to manage. I just have to figure the easiest way to drain it if I have live plants. We shall see. I would love a DIY project, but I don't have the time for it.

I had a Reptarium, and too many drawbacks, ie. hard visibility in to cage, crickets get stuck under "in cage" tray, etc.

Making your own isn't that hard really. I literally made mine yesterday it's 2'x2'x4'

That only took me 2 hours to build! I'll try and get a picture up!

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. I keep veileds, panthers and have a parsonii. They are all fascinating animals and an absolute pleasure to keep. What age panther are you looking to buy? A 40 inch high cage will work well for a panther 4 or 5 months old until close to an adult. Then he will need a larger cage. The bigger the better but at least 48 inches high. I'm attaching my blog below for new keepers. I'm sure things have changes since you last had a chameleon.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

See, if I wanted to build one out of wood, I would.
I prefer my cage to be metal, and I don't want to deal with cutting metal, pilot holes, etc.

Is yours metal or wood?

Back
Top Bottom