Interesting noninhibitive birth defect in a female parsonii

SmithSe

Established Member
I was weighing my BION girl Pearl today and noticed something off about her eye. Her right eye appeared normal, but upon closer inspection her left eye has some sort of birth defect or congenital abnormality. As you can see from where the red arrow points to, her pupil is asymmetrical and there's a black splotch just above her iris as well. I checked the baby picture BION sent me before I purchased her and sure enough you can see it in that photo as well (included). Just thought this was interesting, and clearly doesn't significantly affect her since she's never even come close to missing a meal!

1o5TYQR.jpg

kvJix1u.jpg

BB61Tld.jpg

^ The normal, right eye

jMO3nL9.jpg

^ The left eye with said congenital defect

DlbK59X.jpg

^ Baby Pearl (you can see the defect if you zoom in)

I was weighing my BION girl Pearl today and noticed something off about her eye. Her right eye appeared normal, but upon closer inspection her left eye has some sort of birth defect or congenital abnormality. As you can see from where the red arrow points to, her pupil is asymmetrical and there's a black splotch just above her iris as well. I checked the baby picture BION sent me before I purchased her and sure enough you can see it in that photo as well (included). Just thought this was interesting, and clearly doesn't significantly affect her since she's never even come close to missing a meal!

1o5TYQR.jpg

kvJix1u.jpg

BB61Tld.jpg

^ The normal, right eye

jMO3nL9.jpg

^ The left eye with said congenital defect

DlbK59X.jpg

^ Baby Pearl (you can see the defect if you zoom in)
She is a belter. Slight eye abnormality or not, she's gorgeous. And even you only just noticed it lol.

She still looks beautiful in my eyes...actually I find that eye(the one with red arrow) very sexy....I will wink at her all day...

Haha, don't get be wrong I love Pearl girl and think she's a beautiful broad! This certainly doesn't detract from her whatsoever. I was more so try to emphasize from a scientific perspective that it's pretty incredible that this abnormality has no discernible impacts on her day to day behavior or ability to catch food. The anatomy and physiology of the eye can be incredibly complex and delicate, and although it doesn't look like much, sometimes a defect that small can render an animal blind in that eye or result in impaired functioning.

@Syreptyon That's what I thought too! It almost looks as if the pupil is split between the iris!

Haha, don't get be wrong I love Pearl girl and think she's a beautiful broad! This certainly doesn't detract from her whatsoever. I was more so try to emphasize from a scientific perspective that it's pretty incredible that this abnormality has no discernible impacts on her day to day behavior or ability to catch food. The anatomy and physiology of the eye can be incredibly complex and delicate, and although it doesn't look like much, sometimes a defect that small can render an animal blind in that eye or result in impaired functioning.

@Syreptyon That's what I thought too! It almost looks as if the pupil is split between the iris!

Sorry I know, I was just messing around

Back
Top Bottom