Interesting Article on Vitamin D3 & Humans

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

It's interesting reading articles like these regarding humans and vitamin D3 but from our perspective of reptiles and D3 :). Dr. Baines (UVB UK) posted the link to this short article on the UVB Meter Owners Group site so I thought that chameleon keepers might want to take a peek at it too :eek:.

Note that there are other articles linked on the left side of the page:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

Yep, I'm a HUGE supporter of sun exposure. It's a real shame (and cause of illness) that people use so much sunscreen and fear the sun so much.

People who actually do get skin cancer are a lot less likely to get any other kind of cancer. Also, skin cancer is the most curable of them all. If you don't get burned, you don't get skin cancer either, so if you're smart about Sun exposure than it's likely you won't have a health issue throughout your entire life.

In recent years I've started using a tanning bed - make sure you go for the ELECTRIC ballasts as opposed to MAGNETIC ballasts. The Magnetic ballasts for the UVB lights used in tanning beds produce an electro-magnetic field that can cause cancer (like exposure to x-rays).

The Electic Ballasts do not produce this field and therefore are MUCH less harmful. Most issues you hear about with tanning beds causing cancer is actually the electro-magnetic field, not the actual lights.

I also hope all of you take a vitamin D supplement daily.

One of my favorite doctors on Youtube (Mercola) has said that if people got 1 hour of unfiltered sunlight without burning, per day, you'd cut cancer rates by over 90%.

Back
Top Bottom