Insect Net

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
I think I just made the best $12 purchase.

An actual insect net. 14 inch ring and 36in deep so you can roll it.

I know some question feeding outside insects, but what about house flies? I have been swooping up those "Hover flies" I call them as well as just house flies, and feeding my babies the last two days.

With the real net catching and feeding insects becomes easy.

I do not live in an area where feeding outside insects would be all that safe. Too many houses and people that spray for everything. But I think it is cool that some have the ability to go out and catch insects. I mean as long as you know what your feeding then I really do not see it as a big deal.

I think I know what flies your talking about. They sound a lot like ones we get here near the bogs from the ocean. They literally hover in mass lol. I saw them a lot when I lived near an ocean inlet that had a ton of trees and marsh type areas.

I know some question feeding outside insects, but what about house flies? I have been swooping up those "Hover flies" I call them ...
Do you mean cluster fu... er... flies? o_O
I used to feed them to my green anoles when we live in the city (not "The City").
I'd go up in the attic with a jar, and catch 3-4 at a time. Made a game out of it to see if I could match or beat The Brave Little Tailor. I finally matched him, but couldn't beat him (Rats. :mad:)

We also had some monster house flies we called "Big Macs" (from the little anoles' POV :LOL:). They weren't (or as large as) horseflies, but they were a good mouthful for a green anole! :LOL:

Anyhow (almost forgot :oops:), they didn't seem to harm the anoles, but I couldn't attest to their nutritional value either... ?‍♂️

Do you mean cluster fu... er... flies? o_O
I used to feed them to my green anoles when we live in the city (not "The City").
I'd go up in the attic with a jar, and catch 3-4 at a time. Made a game out of it to see if I could match or beat The Brave Little Tailor. I finally matched him, but couldn't beat him (Rats. :mad:)

We also had some monster house flies we called "Big Macs" (from the little anoles' POV :LOL:). They weren't (or as large as) horseflies, but they were a good mouthful for a green anole! :LOL:

Anyhow (almost forgot :oops:), they didn't seem to harm the anoles, but I couldn't attest to their nutritional value either... ?‍♂️

Yea I think we are talking about the same thing. I getting these from inside the house lol.

My Jackson chameleon just had her first 2 house flies today and I was soo excited. They flew into her cage on their own (attracted to her lights) when I opened her enclosure. Then thinking about her health, I was a little nervous about if I should let her eat them more often so I searched here (the best place for all my chameleon questions). Of course I don’t plan on feeding that exclusively but I want to give her some variety and stimulation. So thank you for helping me feel better about this.

Back
Top Bottom