Insect gut loading information wanted

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
I've been using green leaf greens, Oats and this Flukers product to feed my crickets, Superworms, etc. (Photo)
I just ordered some Repashy Bug Burger mix that you mix with water and boil it. Then cool it.
It claims to be 100% complete gutlaod food.
My question is: Should it still be supplemented with greens, etc?
20210118_222151.jpg

I’d stop the oats and Fluker’s, neither are good. Repashy Bug Burger is great, but definitely add extra greens if you want! It‘ll only help. I blend up fresh gutload ingredients with some quality commercial gutload foods and kosher gelatin, pour the mixture into an ice cube tray, and freeze. I defrost and use the cubes as needed for my feeders. Here’s the updated gutload chart in case you haven’t seen it:

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload 3.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 3.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 80
I’d stop the oats and Fluker’s, neither are good. Repashy Bug Burger is great, but definitely add extra greens if you want! It‘ll only help. I blend up fresh gutload ingredients with some quality commercial gutload foods and kosher gelatin, pour the mixture into an ice cube tray, and freeze. I defrost and use the cubes as needed for my feeders. Here’s the updated gutload chart in case you haven’t seen it:
Thank you.
So, the Repashy is bug JELLO?
I'll ad fresh greens on the side.
I have 4 chams now.
3 Veilds and a Panther.
It's enough of them that keeping a supply of ready insects on hand is needed now more than ever.
The whole house sounds like a camping trip.

Thank you.
So, the Repashy is bug JELLO?
I'll ad fresh greens on the side.
I have 4 chams now.
3 Veilds and a Panther.
It's enough of them that keeping a supply of ready insects on hand is needed now more than ever.
It is a powder that can be served dry or as a gel (after mixed with boiling water).

Back
Top Bottom