Injury? Infection? Mouth rot?

Lennoncham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just noticed that Lennon’s lips weren’t lining up on one side. I got him to gape and he has a lump inside his mouth. I’m making a vet appointment but can anyone tell if this if an injury or infection or both? I’ll try to get some better pics

B4EA708B-5FC1-4A57-9620-731D50C10205.jpeg
8A31D281-1207-4A32-BFF4-4AC29B20E8D9.jpeg
AFBD08DC-7DEC-4FDC-BC1B-D4D135122A0A.jpeg
AC2607B0-1624-45DE-98AF-5E9398B23E63.jpeg

Yeah you actually got some pretty good pics of it. Great job for seeing something was off so quickly! Kinda looks like a tiny abscess.

Ya he’d been sitting near the bottom of his cage for the past 2 days so I’m was like what’s up man and noticed his lip. He’s still eating but I’m sure it’s uncomfortable.

He’s moving around now that I stressed him to look at it and take pics.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to take him to the vet to see what they say or can do for him. Nice catch! Nobody knows our chameleons like we do. One small difference catches our attention and can mean a lot when it comes to medical treatment.

Ya I put in an online appointment request with my vet but they didnt call me to setup an appointment yet. There closed now and Tomorrow so I’ll call Monday.

Just got home from the vet with Lennon. They said it’s some type of growth possibly papilloma virus. I have to take him back for surgery on oct 8 to get it removed. Once removed they will test it to find out what it is. Gunna cost me an arm and a leg for the surgery but money doesn’t matter as long as my boys healthy. The part I’m most worried about is that they have to give him anesthetic’s to do the surgery.

Just got home from the vet with Lennon. They said it’s some type of growth possibly papilloma virus. I have to take him back for surgery on oct 8 to get it removed. Once removed they will test it to find out what it is. Gunna cost me an arm and a leg for the surgery but money doesn’t matter as long as my boys healthy. The part I’m most worried about is that they have to give him anesthetic’s to do the surgery.

Ah geez - I'm sorry! Thankfully, with such a small growth Lennon won't be under for long. Keep us posted!! Fingers crossed that it's just a benign growth.

Ah geez - I'm sorry! Thankfully, with such a small growth Lennon won't be under for long. Keep us posted!! Fingers crossed that it's just a benign growth.

Thanks. Ya I think the surgery should only be about 10 mins or so. I have to drop him off in the morning then wait for them to call me once their done.

Thanks. Ya I think the surgery should only be about 10 mins or so. I have to drop him off in the morning then wait for them to call me once their done.

10 mins sounds more than reasonable, especially if the lump isn't well anchored and can be snipped off! They may even use an electrosurgical unit, cut and cauterize in one motion. Should be a quick, low risk surgery. Hopefully Lennon has an easy wake up afterward- some reptiles take forever to metabolize those drugs!

Back
Top Bottom