Injecting feeders with meloxicam

Hillary anne

Established Member
Helllo. I just injected my first superworm with painmeds. It is definitely ballooned up and slowly crawling still.

Do y’all know how long this bug is good for? I was instructed to throw it away if Lou doesn’t eat it but I am unsure how long to keep this doped up worm out for him. Once again, overthinking! But want to make sure the med doesn’t go bad or the hug doesn’t go bad, especially if it dies.

The injection usually kills the bug within a few hours - in my experience at least! Does Lou drink in front of you? You can try dripping water on his nose until he starts licking, and then sneak the bug in there! Or do what I used to need to do with Karma on occasion, and bother around his mouth until he opens up a bit. The less stressful the experiencethe better, of course!

The injection usually kills the bug within a few hours - in my experience at least! Does Lou drink in front of you? You can try dripping water on his nose until he starts licking, and then sneak the bug in there! Or do what I used to need to do with Karma on occasion, and bother around his mouth until he opens up a bit. The less stressful the experiencethe better, of course!
He does. And I had given him 2 drip syringes of water before I went for the bug injecting. Darn. Maybe tomorrow for this then.

Let us know how it works! If you really need him to take it, you can still wrestle his mouth open. Might not be worth the stress - you know your boy best!
No more fighting stuff in! I already put him through stress daily just doing the routine of what has already been going on for a month. As soon as I started letting him do stuff on his own he’s been shooting tongue for whatever food. I still insist with the drinking because hospital bin gets WET. But that’s the most I want to do besides his hydrotherapy, towel changes, sunbathing ritual, and fortaz shot. Poor dude :(

No more fighting stuff in! I already put him through stress daily just doing the routine of what has already been going on for a month. As soon as I started letting him do stuff on his own he’s been shooting tongue for whatever food. I still insist with the drinking because hospital bin gets WET. But that’s the most I want to do besides his hydrotherapy, towel changes, sunbathing ritual, and fortaz shot. Poor dude :(

I 100% agree! Poor guy's already been through a lot.

Poor Buddy is out of it :(. I hope these meds help him.

Back
Top Bottom