Infrared Temp Guns

Fluke is good brand but it's professional and you pay for that...
If you want overkill and waste a lot of money it's a great piece but the one @medgecko shows from amazon will be sufficient.
I have the same one ordered from aliexpress for 7$ and it's pretty accurate.

Thanks for the replies guys/gals. Maybe I'll go with a cheaper one then if they're just as reliable.

So, reading more on the temp guns.

If I wanna get the temp of my chams basking spot, it doesn't pay to test the actual branch, since the cham is taller than that, and closer to the bulb.

So, do I point the laser at the cham itself?? Is that an accurate reading?

But what I'm saying is, the temp off the surface of the branch and the top of the cham would be different, since the top of the cham is closer to the bulb.

It's not going to be that much... I have read mine a little below and a little above. You can read it 3 different times hitting the same spot and sometimes it is different but pretty close. The cham will move where he needs

Mine pretty much goes to the same spot to bask...so I did my reading there

It's not going to be that much... I have read mine a little below and a little above. You can read it 3 different times hitting the same spot and sometimes it is different but pretty close. The cham will move where he needs
OK, thanks.

So it won't read the heat that is coming from the chameleons actual body?

OK, I think I'm being confusing, and I apologize. ;)

I'm talking about the actual heat the cham gives off. For instance, if it's 70 degrees in my room right now, and I point a temp gun at my arm, it will read much higher...like in the 90's. Because it's reading my body heat.

So, does pointing the laser at the cham give the actual temp of that particular location, given off from the heat of the bulb? Or wouldn't it read higher, since the chams body would be giving off heat as well? Or isn't that true because they're cold blooded?

I've always used Exo Terra digital thermometers, so this is new to me.

Thanks...

So, reading more on the temp guns.

If I wanna get the temp of my chams basking spot, it doesn't pay to test the actual branch, since the cham is taller than that, and closer to the bulb.

So, do I point the laser at the cham itself?? Is that an accurate reading?

I point the red dot from the laser right on the chameleon. Can't get more accurate than that.

Back
Top Bottom