Info on Jackson's and pics of my current cham.

cchase231

I thought I would share some pics of my Weidersheimi. He is super mellow and shy. I have been keeping him for over a year now. My brother actually just came home with him one as an impulse buy, the pet store told him he was easy to take care of...after i read the little info I could find I thought he would be dead soon, but here he is
IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Also, I was wondering about the availability of the jacksonii jacksonii, I am interested in getting one, but the availability seems scarce, anybody have any thoughts?

Very cool weider and nice pics of him too. I've only kept a few of them, but the ones that were acquired in seeming good health did very well and were quite hardy. I think more people should work with them, they're a beautiful little species.

As to Jackson's from Kenya, that country protects all of its "game" species and thus only allows the export of farmed chameleons. There were some shipments earlier this year of nominate Jackson's as well as Ch. hoehnelii from Kenya but none in a while. I'm hoping we'll see another batch of them in the new year but I'm waiting to hear some good news too.

Wow! I love the blue on his head and the red markings on his eyes. Oh and scold your brother for making an impulse buy and listening to the pet store guys lol

i was actually lucky enough to get a pair of Jacksonii/jacksonii in the past shipment , i was even luckier to get a gravid female, can i say i just love them!! all 7 of the neonates and the pair. they are reaching 3 1/2 months and beautiful. i am trying to get comfortable with the thought of possibly selling a few, i just want to keep them all!! which is unrealistic.
drew

If you feel like you could part with your babies i would love to give a male a great home. They are so cute when they are small I can understand your hesitation to part with them.I was also looking into panthers, but the jackson is the one for me.

There is something about them that draws me to them, i have decided that i am going to house a jacksonii jacksonii, if I can find one, they seem to be the most interesting of the jacksons. If anyone knows where I can find one I would like to try to get a male soon...

I got my jackson a few months ago, if i manage to come across a female, i definately will be picking it up and then pursue breeding from there.

yeah that was th efirst place I looked, unfortunately it says they are all sold. Thanks for the thought though. It looks like the last round of imports have sold from everywhere I have looked, gonna have to wait until the next import or find a captive bread...anybody know if anybody here is breeding them?

I have had my female for about 4 months now. She's 9 months old and beautiful! A bit shy, but her adult colors are coming out which include bright yellow, lime green, black with yellow and/or green triangles, green with blue horizontal stripe, and camo. Also have a male, just as good looking!:D

Beautiful Pictures........

I can't help you on the Jacksonii issue, but I can admire the outstanding beauty shown in your pictures. I think that little one needs to be appreciated in his own separate thread :) He is beautiful and looks very healthy. It appears that you have done an excellent job of caring for him. Thanks for sharing him with us. He is a very special one.

Back
Top Bottom