Info on dragonstrand, diy cages, etc

Calypratus

Established Member
My dad refuses to believe that Dragon strand or any other company is better than reptibreeze. Could anyone provide some information or articles on either of these companies. I've finally decided to get a veiled (preferably male) and my rusty old reptibreeze definitely won't cut it. I would prefer articles or graphics but anything will work. He won't believe me until I show him some info.

My dad refuses to believe that Dragon strand or any other company is better than reptibreeze. Could anyone provide some information or articles on either of these companies. I've finally decided to get a veiled (preferably male) and my rusty old reptibreeze definitely won't cut it. I would prefer articles or graphics but anything will work. He won't believe me until I show him some info.
I can 100% tell you dragon strand is an amazing condo and a much much better build . Can’t even compare.

Dragon strand and DIY do not rust. Reptibreeze will not only rust but it does not stay together well. The screws loosen very fast. You can not over screw them either or they strip.

Diy is better made then reptibreeze but without the bells and whistles that a dragon strand has such as dragon ledges and premium drip trays.

I have a dragon strand. The quality is far superior then the reptibreeze I started out with.

Reptibreeze are made in bulk without thought in materials used. They are quite cheaply made.... Hence the lower price.

Dragon strand you get what you pay for. So if you want an enclosure that will last forever then that is the way to go. If you don't mind replacing one every year or so when it starts to fall apart then reptibreeze is the way to go.

Dragon strand and DIY do not rust. Reptibreeze will not only rust but it does not stay together well. The screws loosen very fast. You can not over screw them either or they strip.

Diy is better made then reptibreeze but without the bells and whistles that a dragon strand has such as dragon ledges and premium drip trays.

I have a dragon strand. The quality is far superior then the reptibreeze I started out with.

Reptibreeze are made in bulk without thought in materials used. They are quite cheaply made.... Hence the lower price.

Dragon strand you get what you pay for. So if you want an enclosure that will last forever then that is the way to go. If you don't mind replacing one every year or so when it starts to fall apart then reptibreeze is the way to go.
We have dragons strands as well . There definitely superior to all others . Unless one want to build . Worth every penny .

We have dragons strands as well . There definitely superior to all others . Unless one want to build . Worth every penny .
Agreed... I got Beman the Medium Tall Atrium clearside. He uses every inch of it. I wish I would have gotten the large atrium now that I know how much he enjoys having the room. I may eventually upgrade him to the Large if I move into a bigger place.

Keep in mind there can be a wait for the specific dragon strand cage you want. Bill does them in Build schedules. So if your wanting one of these you would want to check this out and order it asap because once he closes the build he does not add additional orders to it. :)

DIY is running I believe a month or so behind before they get their 2x2x4 size back in stock.

Agreed... I got Beman the Medium Tall Atrium clearside. He uses every inch of it. I wish I would have gotten the large atrium now that I know how much he enjoys having the room. I may eventually upgrade him to the Large if I move into a bigger place.
I agree I probably will upgrade wasabi this summer . He uses every inch of his condo . I’ll probably put Clelia in his she really loves space .

I looked at the website and saw the drip pans. How do they work? I'm still really confused on how to get rid of excess water at the bottom of an enclosure.
They work great I have a shop vac . You could add a pipe into a bucket if you’re handy and don’t have access to a shop vac .

I have the drip easy pan. This has a screen that is removable for cleaning. you can either do a gravity drain on the pan to let water out or wet vac it. I wet vac mine because I was scared to put a hole into the pan lol. The drip easy pan you can not set plants on though due to the screen so all plants must be mounted to the dragon ledges. He has other pans as well that you can have pots in the bottom. Same thing there you are going to utilize a gravity drain or wet vac to pull out standing water. I prefer the drip easy because as I said Beman is every where in his including walking around the bottom. I did not like the idea of him walking through standing water.

Thanks for all the info, my last chameleon died due to my negligence and I don't want it to happen again
Yes, I remember you have been learning a lot since that post. Just remember if your parents are not on board to get you all items you need and it is not something you can afford to do on your own it is best to wait. You have seen how much we all put into our enclosures and husbandry. It gets very expensive.

I have all three. I rank them in order of quality with Dragonstrand being the clear (no pun intended) winner in terms of quality, followed by DIY and then Reptibreeze. The DIY and Reptibreeze are similarly priced. The difference is DIY is aluminum and reptibreeze is plastic. I like the aluminum factor and better hardware of DIY, but honestly the black reptibreeze fits better in the decor. I'd have a hard time deciding between Reptibreeze and DIY.... but I'm upgrading all my cages to Dragonstrand. After getting one clearside, the others really don't compare in quality and the attractiveness of the cage. That being said Dragonstrand is more expensive and their shipping prices were high.

I have all three. I rank them in order of quality with Dragonstrand being the clear (no pun intended) winner in terms of quality, followed by DIY and then Reptibreeze. The DIY and Reptibreeze are similarly priced. The difference is DIY is aluminum and reptibreeze is plastic. I like the aluminum factor and better hardware of DIY, but honestly the black reptibreeze fits better in the decor. I'd have a hard time deciding between Reptibreeze and DIY.... but I'm upgrading all my cages to Dragonstrand. After getting one clearside, the others really don't compare in quality and the attractiveness of the cage. That being said Dragonstrand is more expensive and their shipping prices were high.
I truly believe once one has owned a dragon strand one will never get any other unless it’s a build .

The clearside is super nice. Its not perfect, but its close! The DIY and Reptibreeze drive me crazy with the doors not being square (have to lift slightly to close) and the hardware rivets get lose and spin..

I was originally planning on a custom build, but after pricing out materials (and time), the Dragonstrand is worth it and looks nice with our home's decor.

i am in complete agreement with this. i have the xl cage and we are going into month 4 and there are gaps in the panels from the screws coming loose. currently saving up for a dragon strand or might just build one myself.

I'm considering the Medium Screened Atrium, large isn't really in the budget with the other upgrades I'll need-but is it a good size? Now I'm afraid it won't be big enough for her, but she's in a medium Reptibreeze so it'll give her way more space than she has now!

I'm considering the Medium Screened Atrium, large isn't really in the budget with the other upgrades I'll need-but is it a good size? Now I'm afraid it won't be big enough for her, but she's in a medium Reptibreeze so it'll give her way more space than she has now!
So I am of an opinion that bigger is always better regardless of if it is a male or a female cham. Email Bill to get a price and build date on doing the Medium TAll Atrium in a screened version. It is taller and has more depth then the regular medium atrium :)

Back
Top Bottom