73D116CD-A025-4386-933C-D816F7B61B30.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 7B977B30-4C27-4579-8590-ED9209B8C012.jpeg
    7B977B30-4C27-4579-8590-ED9209B8C012.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 640F59F9-1EDA-466D-80C1-1A9A530259D5.jpeg
    640F59F9-1EDA-466D-80C1-1A9A530259D5.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 93
Yeah it does look like a swollen eye that has recently gone down in swelling. How often is he exposed to unfiltered sunlight?

Yeah it does look like a swollen eye that has recently gone down in swelling. How often is he exposed to unfiltered sunlight?
He’s usually in his enclosure most of the time, I’m thinking I have to move my UVB over more because I have the giant reptibreeze cage and where he usually basks He isn’t really in the stream of light for the uvb and I’m trying to send a video

Here are more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 40C30743-F29B-4DAB-BA2F-24457F94EC9B.jpeg
    40C30743-F29B-4DAB-BA2F-24457F94EC9B.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 77
  • 701CF0B0-419A-455A-AC95-45A70B925649.jpeg
    701CF0B0-419A-455A-AC95-45A70B925649.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 75
He looks cold and wet. Are you giving the enclosure dry out times? The-top inch of soil should be allowed to dry out during mid day-High noon for 5 hrs I let it dry. Then I drip and mist lightly around 5pm. Morning is when I fog 4am to 8am mist heavy and drip off and on every hr from 7 to 12noon.

He looks cold and wet. Are you giving the enclosure dry out times? The-top inch of soil should be allowed to dry out during mid day-High noon for 5 hrs I let it dry. Then I drip and mist lightly around 5pm. Morning is when I fog 4am to 8am mist heavy and drip off and on every hr from 7 to 12noon.
Yeah the enclosure has dry times, my mister goes off 6 times a day for a about a minute giving him a lot of opportunity to drink

How can you tell?

From my experience the first thing that popped into my head was wet and cold lol just a guess ofcourse as we don't have the temps yet. Brody from what I gather you are a very experienced keeper of Panthers I'm curios of your first impression of the pics? If you had to guess.

From my experience the first thing that popped into my head was wet and cold lol just a guess ofcourse as we don't have the temps yet. Brody from what I gather you are a very experienced keeper of Panthers I'm curios of your first impression of the pics? If you had to guess.

The thing is, we try not to give advice/guess here unless we have the full picture. Otherwise we're, at best, taking a stab in the dark.

@Lee123 - it does look a little baggy to me for sure. Would you be interested filling out the following form? None of us are medical professionals, but we can catch husbandry issues that can cause problems somewhere along the line.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

I strongly believe that UVA does help with the complete wellbeing of any chameleon. Thier "happiness" or comfort is often displayed in Their colors, body language, eyes and overall behaviour. So what I may mistake for cold or to wet could just be a lack if natural light or a uva source.

Yes please don't switch your settings to arid desert based on visual cues that gave me my first impression, I should have been more clear on that. The questionnaire will help to paint the full picture and create some great feedback.

The thing is, we try not to give advice/guess here unless we have the full picture. Otherwise we're, at best, taking a stab in the dark.

@Lee123 - it does look a little baggy to me for sure. Would you be interested filling out the following form? None of us are medical professionals, but we can catch husbandry issues that can cause problems somewhere along the line.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Is there a way I can fill this out or do I have to re type everything? And he seems much better today but I’m going to give you guys as much info as I can because I’m not to sure what’s going on with him

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:
He seems to be doing better today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom