Infertile Pregnant?

Steve C

So today while I was checking on my girl, she seemed to be a bit "bumpy" right where eggs usually form. About 2 months ago i saw one small little bump, and now it looks like she is "filled"..... I cant feel her because whenever I do she gapes, and hisses, and I also never see her at the bottom of her cage.
Sorry about the fuzzy pictures, when I saw her I grabbed my bad camera... I tried to get one from her back so you could how wide she was.

Attachments

• Santana 021.jpg
    Santana 021.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Santana 028.jpg
    Santana 028.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 98
the plants in the cage are in pots with soil... but I think that i will put her in a bin and see if there is digging.... she hasnt shown sign of this until now.... She is about 1.5 years old, and she is fed about 6 crickets every other day

It's a bit easier for you to dig up the eggs to throw away if its just in a bucket.

It should be 12 inches deep and 12 inches around, filled with washed play sand or dirt.

She may not be ready to lay yet, so dont panic if she doesnt lay or even start digging right away.

And, another little bit of info for you that will also impress others...:)

Herps can't be "pregnant" because they are not placental mammals. They can however be "gravid"! Regardless if the eggs are fertile or not the correct term is gravid.

Oops... Sorry:eek:.... Well you learn something new everyday! Is there anything I need to do or can I just put her in moist dirt that is room temp?

Back
Top Bottom