Indiana Wild life

ataraxia

Avid Member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I Brake for turtles lol. This little guy is one lucky red ear.
attachment.php

Attachments

• toad.jpg
    toad.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 271
  • frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 187
  • box-turtle.jpg
    box-turtle.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 237
  • red-ear.jpg
    red-ear.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 243
Patience my man :D. I stumbled upon a slew of five lined skinks yesterday but didnt have my phone on me! They were everywhere.

Lucky! i live in so cal so all i see is sea gulls, crows, and a blue bellied lizard if i go to the wetlands but at least we got the beach:D That a pretty turtle and a fat frog!

All this time I thought you were the only wildlife in IN. Those are nice. I don't have a tortoise, but would like one someday.

Patience my man :D. I stumbled upon a slew of five lined skinks yesterday but didnt have my phone on me! They were everywhere.

I have yet to see one this year. I know of a spot they are at but no go yet. You should join this site and post your findings in the database! http://www.naherp.com/
If you need help let me know. Use the wrench when putting in the longitude etc. It will show a google earth type map. If you click hybrid you should be able to pinpoint where you found the animal rather easily.

Lucky! i live in so cal so all i see is sea gulls, crows, and a blue bellied lizard if i go to the wetlands but at least we got the beach:D That a pretty turtle and a fat frog!

Wait! What?!?!?!?! So Cal? Dude, or dudette, you should be finding all kinds of good stuff:cool: All we have here are "LECH's". Lame East Coast Herps:rolleyes:

If it keeps raining like it has been. We should see a ton of wild life this year. Ill check that site out. Im down for helping in any way i can :)

Ah but you do! Its just finding them :)

All this time I thought you were the only wildlife in IN. Those are nice. I don't have a tortoise, but would like one someday.

Hahaha, i was starting to think the same thing after last year. We literally had no rain all summer.

Well from my username im a dude:D but every time i go to the wetlands i just see squirrels but everyone else sees rattle snakes and falcons at the same wetlands. I have seen a gopher snake, baby rattler for a minute and a decapitated king snake and a friends of mine catches fence and alligator lizards at her other friends house. It's like they herps here hate me:(

Well from my username im a dude:D but every time i go to the wetlands i just see squirrels but everyone else sees rattle snakes and falcons at the same wetlands. I have seen a gopher snake, baby rattler for a minute and a decapitated king snake and a friends of mine catches fence and alligator lizards at her other friends house. It's like they herps here hate me:(

LOL, It honestly takes some time to figure out where you will likely see them, time of day, time of year, temps, rain and having those places to herp.

Nice Eastern box turtle! Lucky to see those around!

We are lucky to see what we do. This area has quite a few easterns.

If it keeps raining like it has been. We should see a ton of wild life this year. Ill check that site out. Im down for helping in any way i can :)

Ah but you do! Its just finding them :)

Hahaha, i was starting to think the same thing after last year. We literally had no rain all summer.

Yeah what I was thinking. We have most of that stuff in lower Indiana more turtles though.

Yea, i dont see broadheads to often though. Maybe one to two a year. Im going to update this thread as i find various neat stuff around here.

Here's some pics of a bald eagle i spotted while going down the highway. I should keep my eyes on the road more lol.

Attachments

• bald-eagle1.jpg
    bald-eagle1.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 81
  • bald-eagle.jpg
    bald-eagle.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 130
Alligator snapper and another eastern box turtle.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 150
Hahaha seriously! Good find my man :)

Northern water snake.
attachment.php