Indian Walking Sticks

Sooooooo, I bought some red leaf lettuce and bok choy 2nite. I'm sure it's way more than the 8 sticks can consume. Question is, can I use these as gutload for the crix and dubs?? :confused:

Sooooooo, I bought some red leaf lettuce and bok choy 2nite. I'm sure it's way more than the 8 sticks can consume. Question is, can I use these as gutload for the crix and dubs?? :confused:

I use bok choy for a gut load often with my crickets and roaches :).

So I had them in a 36x36x18 and I was worried that they weren't eating. I have collected all 8 of them and placed them in a tall deli cup and threw in some red leaf cabbage and bok choy. We'll see what's up... :)

Be sure they can molt! They will die if they can't molt properly.

I put some small limbs in there. I don't have anything smaller than that 36x36x18 until one of my boys grows out of their 16x16x20 or 18x18x20... :rolleyes:

Is the tub taller than 3x their length? Why not just section off the screen cage? Or if you have a glass tank, those will work too (just be sure to let it dry out!)

Is the tub taller than 3x their length? Why not just section off the screen cage? Or if you have a glass tank, those will work too (just be sure to let it dry out!)

At this point in time the deli cup is at least 3x's taller than the biggest one. I thought about sectioning off the cage. I guess I just panicked! lol. Looks like I have a project this weekend! ;)

They eat their skin anyway. Long as they have enough room, it's no big deal. I love them. So much fun to watch. I can just imagine the sticks doing their leaf dance, and the cham doing theirs, and them both thinking they are utter ninjas...

They eat their skin anyway. Long as they have enough room, it's no big deal. I love them. So much fun to watch. I can just imagine the sticks doing their leaf dance, and the cham doing theirs, and them both thinking they are utter ninjas...

I have the visual in my head. Nice! Lol

Yes, they need enough room, something to hang from, and they use the gravity to "fall" from the skin. Much like mantids.

I had some and the eggs were in the hundreds and they all hatched at once. There were so many that I couldn't house them all so I had to cram them into smaller things as they got bigger (I didn't want to feed off too many, but I probably should have.) At one point they were in enclosures too small for them and they started to get deformed or die because they didn't have enough room to hang from!

You should see what they look like when they loose a leg and start to grow it back as they molt! They start out as little mini legs.

Back
Top Bottom