incubator

john118

not sure what incubator to use as this is my first time doing anything like this have seen a hova bator and also an forced air incubator but not sure what this is can any one give us some idea wot to use i don't wanna build one now as temps may go wrong

Its probably worth buying a good incubator for chameleon eggs (9 months is a long time to worry about maintaining stable temps/humidy (veiled, not sure about other species) especially if you plan on future breeding. Since you'll want the thing to pay for itself eventually, its probably best to buy the best one you can afford.

That said, Ive built my own for years with great success (never had issues with power outage etc). But if if you live in area that experiences power outages in severe weather
its worth having some kind of backup idea.

For years Ive built incubators for various lizard species from large styrofoam boxes with lids, the kind fish arrive in at the petstore. An advantage to having some of these is that should you get a prolonged power outage, you can wrap the things in blankets to maintain temps inside for long periods, often days without significant drop in inside temps, so well do they insulate.

Ive never used a hovabator or any commercial incubator, so not sure if you can back them up (battery power) or something? Im sure folk here who breed chams can offer advice and share experiences. :)

Back
Top Bottom